It is difficult to imagine Turkey without this oriental sweetness: magnificent Turkish baklava. It is very, very sweet, wet, juicy - and obscene calorie. Therefore, having eaten one bite, you will really feel sweet satiety and will be in seventh heaven with happiness. I propose to cook it at home: you will understand that everything is much simpler than it might seem at first glance. Homemade baklava can be stored for a long time: over time, it becomes even tastier. Try, cook: you will be very tasty!
For the test:
- BC wheat flour - 0.5 kilograms;
- cow's milk - one glass (200 grams);
- melted butter - 50 grams;
- one chicken egg;
- a pinch of salt.
- nuts - 0.3 kilograms;
- icing sugar - 0.3 kilograms;
- ground cinnamon - 0.5 teaspoon;
- a pinch of cloves ground.
Baklava sugar syrup:
- sugar sand - one glass (200 grams);
- water - one glass (200 grams);
- lemon juice at will and to your taste (I have not used in the recipe).
To smear the dough:
- very soft butter (but not liquid) - 200 grams.
- one egg yolk;
- two tablespoons of water - to grease the baklava before baking.
Great Turkish baklava. Step by step recipe
- First, let's do the test. Sift the flour through a sieve into a deep bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix with a spoon.
- We make a hole in the flour (pit), pour warm milk and melted butter into it, add the chicken egg. Then, using a fork (conveniently kneading), gradually introduce the flour. Mix with a fork until the dough is thick enough and you can work with it with your hands.
- In the process of kneading the dough, it is necessary to ensure that it incorporates all the measured flour. Thanks to this, the dough will become elastic, soft and vibrant.
- Tip. Everyone understands that flour is different, and sometimes you have to add more warm milk in the process of kneading. The need arises when it is clearly visible that the dough becomes very dry.
- We put the finished dough in a bag and set it to rest for thirty minutes (at least).
- In the meantime, go to the filling. We will need peeled walnuts: they must be passed through a meat grinder.
- According to your taste, if you like the fried taste of nuts, then dry your nuts in the oven beforehand: about 15 minutes at a temperature of 160 * C.
- Transfer the nuts passed through the meat grinder into a bowl, add icing sugar and, if desired, spices (I add, but you can not put them): 0.5 teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Now make sugar syrup. Pour sugar, water into a saucepan and put on a stove, on a small fire. Stirring with a spatula, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook from the moment of boiling for 15 minutes. Then remove from the stove and let cool completely. By the time we fill the baklava with syrup, it should be completely cooled.
- You can also experiment and add a few tablespoons of lemon juice to sugar syrup: then get the lemon flavor and a little sourness. You can also add saffron (or whatever spices you like).
- We return to the test. It is necessary to divide the resulting mass of dough into identical pieces. I got 22 pieces (kolobok). Using a rolling pin, we roll each piece into a very thin circle. Lubricate the circle with soft butter. Then, on ⅔ of its part, lay out the filling (nuts with powdered sugar).
- Now we need a thin wand. You need to roll the dough on a stick. Start from the end where the filling is laid out. When the dough is rolled up, we collect it in an accordion from two sides and take out the stick. We bend the two ends of the test inward. (How it looks, you can see the video under the recipe). Here in this way we form the rest of baklava.
- Now prepare a deep pan. Lubricate it with a small piece of butter and send the baklava to it. Press and lay tight enough to each other.
- Stir one egg yolk with 1-2 tablespoons of water and grease the whole baklava.
- Then we heat the oven to 200 * C. Bake at this temperature baklava for about 10 minutes. Then we take it out of the oven and grease with melted butter. (The butter we had to stay even after we greased the dough with it).
- Then we reduce the oven temperature to 160 * C and bake the baklava until cooked: about 40 minutes.
- We take it out of the oven and pour the cooled sugar syrup with the help of a scoop. Leave to cool completely.
Be sure to cook an unusually delicious oriental sweet - baklava. This recipe option is one of many that you can find on our site and cook on it. Try once - and forever fall in love with this Turkish sweetness. The team of the site “Very Delicious” wishes you a pleasant appetite!