I want to share a recipe for sweet tooth: a great homemade cake "Golden Key". This cake received the name "Golden Key" because the composition of the biscuit and cream includes boiled condensed milk. And as a result, the cake tastes like toffee from childhood - the well-known Golden Key. Such a dessert will help arrange a children's holiday or any birthday. A very quick and easy recipe: with an incredible taste that melts in your mouth. Let's move on to cooking.
For shortcakes we need:
- eggs - 10 pieces;
- flour - 250 grams;
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons;
- sugar - 250 grams;
- vegetable oil;
For syrup we need:
- cognac - 2 tablespoons;
- water - 120 milliliters;
- sugar - 130 grams.
For cream in a cake:
- condensed milk - 200 grams;
- butter - 300 grams;
- cognac - 1 tablespoon;
For cake decor:
- condensed milk - 2 tablespoons;
- butter - 300 grams;
- icing sugar - 150 grams;
- cocoa - 1 teaspoon;
- cognac - 1 teaspoon.
Great homemade cake "Golden Key". Step by step recipe
We will cook two cakes: regular and with the addition of cocoa.
- Take a bowl, break five eggs into it. Beat the eggs with a mixer for four minutes, until a thick foam forms.
- Add a pinch of salt and 125 grams of sugar. Beat well until sugar dissolves.
- Sift 125 grams of flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder into an egg-sugar mixture through a sieve. At minimum mixer speed, mix everything.
- The mass settled a little, but that's okay.
- We will prepare a baking dish: it is better to use a split mold, it is more convenient in it. Lubricate the sides of the mold with vegetable oil, and cover the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour the dough into a mold. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. And put the mold in the oven for 20-25 minutes. You can check the readiness of the cake with a toothpick or wooden stick.
- In the same way we cook the second cake, only with the addition of cocoa. Sift cocoa with flour and baking powder. And also bake.
- In the meantime, cakes are baked in the oven, we will take care of the syrup.
- Take a stewpan or large pan with a firm bottom.
- Pour water into a pan and pour sugar, put on fire. Sugar should dissolve, but not boil. As soon as you see that the sugar has dissolved, reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Pour in cognac: it can be replaced with rum.
- Tip. If you want the taste of cognac to be present, then the pan must be removed from the heat. If you want the alcohol vapor to disappear, then boil another 10 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly. In this embodiment, the syrup will be viscous. For children, for example, the second option is more suitable. And if you don’t want to give your child a dessert that contains alcohol, then add apple juice instead of brandy. He will add zest to the dessert with his sourness.
- Remove the finished cakes from the oven, wrap in cling film and leave to lie down: as much as possible. At least an hour.
- While there is time to cook the cream. Beat soft butter, add cognac, condensed milk and vanilla to it. Stir with a spatula. The cream is ready. Put in the refrigerator, insist a little.
- For a more beautiful design of the Golden Key cake, we’ll make another cream. Also beat the butter. When whipping, the oil changes texture and color. Add the powdered sugar to the oil. In a separate bowl we mix condensed milk, vanilla and cognac. We start whipping powdered sugar with butter and, without turning off the mixer, add the contents of the bowl.
- Prepare the cooking bags - 2 pieces. Fill them with cream: one completely, and the other half.
- Sift a tablespoon of cocoa into the remaining cream.
- Cut the cakes into 2 parts. Soak 4 cakes with syrup. Spread a thin layer of cream on the substrate of the cake: so that the cake does not move.
- We coat each cake with white cream, put one on top of the other. Top and sides of the cake are coated with coffee cream. We draw patterns from above with the help of culinary confectionery bags. We send home "Golden Key" in the refrigerator for the night.
Magnificent homemade cake “Golden Key” can be served. Cakes are well soaked, the cake looks very beautiful, appetizing. Juicy, not sugary-sweet: such a cake will be a hundred times tastier than purchased. Pamper your family more often with sweet desserts. And the site “Very tasty” will help you find the right recipe.