Jam from green tomatoes sounds rather unusual. Jam and tomatoes seem to be two completely incompatible things. In autumn, very often on the bushes you can find many unripened tomatoes, and with the onset of cold weather they no longer have time to ripen. Therefore, this original jam from green tomatoes for the winter is the best way to use green tomatoes.
- Green tomatoes - 1 kilogram;
- sugar - 1.2 kilograms;
- water - 300 milliliters.
Step-by-step recipe for green tomato jam for the winter
- Make syrup from water and sugar.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them into slices and place them in an enameled basin, pour hot (but not boiling) syrup and leave for a day.
- After a day, drain the syrup, boil it, and again pour the tomatoes on it.
- Then boil again, and pour the tomatoes. Now put all this mass on the fire, bring to a boil and cook until cooked. Readiness is determined by the drop, which should not spread on the plate.
Down with stereotypes and patterns, make this wonderful jam from green tomatoes, it is tasty and not ordinary. And who tried it, never guessed what it was from. The color is similar to kiwi, and the taste ... try it!
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!
I have another recipe for original cucumber jam for you!