My mother just loves an oriental delicacy called halva, but when buying in a store, you never know exactly what is included in the composition. Therefore, she, armed with the Internet and cookbooks, began to search for a halva recipe at home. And my curiosity got the better of it and I watched with interest what happened. To my surprise, it turned out to be the most delicious halva we have ever tasted.
- sunflower seeds (peeled) - 500 grams;
- flour - 320 grams;
- sugar - 200 grams;
- water - 125 milliliters;
- sunflower oil - 160 milliliters.
Halva at home. A step-by-step recipe
- Fry the seeds, pass through a meat grinder.
- Also fry the flour in a frying pan without oil, bring to a golden color.
- Stir flour and seeds.
- We put water on the fire in a saucepan and add sugar, cook 10 minutes after boiling, bring to medium density.
- Mix the syrup with a blender with seeds, add sunflower oil.
- Bring to a homogeneous consistency and lay out in a form covered with cling film, level and crush.
- Cover with a flat top and put under the press.
- We send it to the refrigerator for 5 hours.
- The dish is ready!
This recipe describes in detail how to make homemade halva, and the result of our experiments with mom is perfectly visible in the photo that I am attaching. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit!