My favorite homemade gozinaki! Often I try to compare them with purchased ones - and I’m more and more convinced that I haven’t met with tastes better than those prepared at home. They turn out to be very fragrant, quite viscous, but at the same time they bite well and do not stick to the teeth. Really - very tasty and healthy! To make such a sweet at home is very simple and fast. Together with “Very Delicious” I will try to tell the recipe as detailed as possible on how to make homemade gozinaki from seeds. A video from youtube will help to consider the necessary consistency of products during cooking.
- peeled seeds - 300 grams;
- honey - 300 grams;
- powdered sugar - 1 tablespoon.
Homemade Kozinaki. Step by step recipe
- If you have raw seeds, fry them a little in a dry frying pan.
- To prepare kozinaki, we use an aluminum or copper pan in which we pour honey and put on the stove, bring to a boil. Take honey, not sugared.
- Boil honey, stirring constantly, to the point where its drop on a plate will keep its shape and not spread. In time it is about 10 minutes, but it all depends on your stove and the fire on which you make.
- When boiling honey reaches the required consistency, add seeds and, stirring continuously, cook for about 2-3 minutes, when the mass begins to caramelize, you will hear a faint smell of fried.
- Add the icing sugar, stir and keep it on fire until the mass turns golden. Powdered sugar makes kozinaki friable so that it bites and does not stick to teeth.
- Remove the pan from the stove, leave to cool for 10-12 minutes.
- We prepare the working surface: a wooden board is well lubricated with cold water and a rolling pin is also very well moistened with cold water.
- We spread the mass of seeds on a wet board, with a rolling pin we roll out a layer with a thickness of about 1 centimeter.
- Leave to cool for 5-7 minutes, then cut into slices with a knife.
- Sent in the refrigerator until completely frozen for 30-40 minutes.
For convenience, the working board can be covered with cling film, moisten it with water, and then spread the seed mass. So it will be more convenient for you to separate the frozen kozinaki.
Homemade kozinaki are ready! The most difficult part in the cooking process was to wait until they had completely cooled. Such a dessert will perfectly relish with a cup of tea or coffee. Kozinaki can be made not only from seeds, but also add nuts, raisins or other dried fruits - this is very tasty. Join us on “Delicious” and surprise your loved ones with delicious homemade desserts. Enjoy your meal! And pay attention to a quick recipe for making condensed milk homemade and chocolate sausages.