Homemade marshmallows - this is an airy, light and incredibly tasty treat, which appeared recently. Its popularity among the younger generation and children is growing every day. Which is not surprising: after all, sweet marshmallows dazzle on the shelves with all the colors of the rainbow and have a wonderful fruity taste. Oh my god, what a wonderful coffee with them! And such a dessert, created independently, can be given to children without fear. Well, do you already want to eat these goodies? Then I tell you quickly how to cook marshmallows.
- gelatin - 15 grams;
- water - 450 grams (200 of them on gelatin);
- sugar - 0.5 kilograms;
- 2 eggs (only proteins are useful);
- a little vanillin (on the tip of a knife);
- food coloring
- powdered sugar - 3 tablespoons;
- corn starch - a tablespoon.
Homemade marshmallows. Step by step recipe
- Pour the gelatin into a small container, fill it with water and leave it to stand for 10 minutes, so that it swells.
- Add sugar to the saucepan and pour some water. Turn on the burner on medium heat and set it. We wait until the water boils, after which we cook the syrup for another 10 minutes. Consistency should reach a high temperature: 120 degrees. If you can’t measure it at all, just use the clock: and as soon as 10 minutes after the start of the boil passes, remove the syrup. After we pour in it swollen gelatin and vanilla.
- Before you make marshmallows, separate the proteins from the yolks, and put them in the refrigerator so that they cool down until the syrup is ready.
- So, before removing the syrup, take the protein and beat it with a mixer: the mass should be airy, but not dry, so do not overdo it.
- Then, continuing to whisk, pour in the portioned syrup obtained. When we pour the last part, we work with the mixer for another 8 minutes to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Take a rectangular baking dish, cover it with parchment and lightly sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Our delicious home-made marshmallows are poured into the mold, evenly distributing it over the entire surface. Then we level the top with a spatula.
- Now take the dye, drip a few drops. With a fork, we draw patterns as you like.
- We cover the capacity of our simple marshmallows and set them overnight in a cold place.
- Homemade marshmallows ready. We take it out of the mold. In order to make it more convenient to cut, we lubricate the blade of the knife with vegetable oil, and divide the rectangle into identical small cubes.
- Pour starch and a little sugar into a separate bowl, mix: this is useful to us to roll marshmallows. So, we envelop each of the cubes on all sides with a mixture.
As you can see, the marshmallows recipe is quick and easy. With a minimum waste of time, you get an airy and delicate treat for the whole family. By the way, marshmallows can be used as mastic for decorating desserts. On the site "I like to cook" you are also waiting for other delicious dishes. Enjoy your meal!