A delicious, tender cheese with a creamy taste that just melts in your mouth - homemade mascarpone. Ideal for a variety of recipes, mainly Italian cooking. It beats well, and a cream made from mascarpone cheese holds its shape well. Honestly, mascarpone is not really cheese, because it does not contain any enzymes or starter cultures. But, in spite of everything, it tastes great. If you cook mascarpone cheese at home, it will turn out no worse in taste than a store - but much cheaper. This wonderful cream cheese consists of only two ingredients, and the preparation is very simple. And this means that even a novice hostess can cook it.
- cream 25% or 30% fat - 1000 milliliters;
- lemon - 1 piece.
Homemade Mascarpone. Step by step recipe
- Pour the cream into a small pan. And we warm them up to 80-85 degrees, constantly stirring. Remove the warmed cream from the stove. Tip. It is better to use a thermometer, but if you do not have it, then warm the cream to the state of the first steam, but in no case bring to a boil.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon: for home mascarpone we need 3 tablespoons.
- Pour lemon juice into the warmed cream, stirring constantly. In a few minutes, small grains can be seen on the spoon - this is the beginning of the formation of homemade cream. Tip. In the original recipe, tartaric acid is used to make mascarpone cream cheese, but it can also be replaced with lemon juice.
- Leave the mascarpone from the cream until completely cooled. During cooling, the creamy mixture will become thicker.
- Drain the resulting creamy mixture with a linen or “waffle” towel: it needs to be rolled up and tied to make a bag with a blank for cream cheese. Tip. Many housewives use gauze to filter, which is stacked in several layers. But I do not recommend taking gauze, since then it will be inconvenient to take out the finished cheese from it: it will get stuck in the threads of gauze and will become unsuitable for further use.
- Then we suspend a bag to the top lattice of the refrigerator, and we put down the capacity for serum down.
- We strain the home mascarpone for about 12 hours. The longer it is expressed, the denser the consistency of cream cheese. On average, expressed about a glass of serum. As a result, 570 grams of mascarpone cheese comes out of a liter of cream.
- Ready homemade mascarpone cheese must be mixed, since it is more liquid from below than from above. And - our cream mascarpone is ready.
Some housewives instead of cream take sour cream, fermented baked milk and kefir. The taste is also pleasant, but slightly different from creamy. Mascarpone cream cheese is also great for snacks. It perfectly sets off the taste of sun-dried tomatoes with basil, and is good in combination with red fish and anchovies. It has a pleasant light taste in pasta with fresh cucumbers and herbs.
Such a wonderful, delicate, homemade cream cheese mascarpone is ideal as a cream for desserts Tiramisu and Cheesecake. It keeps its shape perfectly as creams for a variety of cakes. Excellent in desserts with fresh fruits and berries: for example, strawberries. After all, strawberries with cream are a classic of the genre. And strawberries in combination with soft cream cheese are a long time favorite taste in a new interpretation, which you will discover using our site “I like to cook”. And be sure to try making mascarpone at home and homemade mascarpone cheese.