I really love sweets and I can not help but share the recipe for homemade biscuit roll - tender, airy, just melting in your mouth. Shop desserts can never be compared to homemade cakes. Sponge cake with strawberry jam is suitable for festive and family tea drinking, it is prepared quickly: it can be cooked even by novice cooks. I like that this delicacy can be done with any filling: based on your own taste. Delicate, fragrant dough in combination with strawberry filling - it is magically delicious.
For biscuit dough:
- eggs - 4 pieces;
- sugar - 120 grams;
- flour - 120 grams;
- 4 tablespoons of water;
- a pinch of salt.
- strawberry jam to taste.
- icing sugar - to taste;
- chocolate to taste.
Homemade biscuit roll. Step by step recipe
- First, in a separate bowl, you need to separate the proteins from the yolks, add a pinch of salt to the proteins and beat with a blender or mixer until a lush, snow-white foam is formed.
- Try to carefully and carefully separate the squirrels from the yolks - this is the guarantee of a magnificent biscuit.
- Add sugar and water to the separated yolks, beat with a mixer or a blender until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Put together the beaten yolks and squirrels, add the sifted flour to them (if you see that the dough is too thin, you can add more flour). Pour flour in small portions so that the dough does not lose its airiness and splendor.
- Mix all the ingredients gently. Our biscuit dough is ready.
- We turn to baking. We spread the parchment paper in a baking dish (if you do not lay the paper, it will be difficult to separate the dough from the bottom of the form), grease the paper with vegetable or olive oil and evenly spread the dough.
- Biscuit dough is baked for about fifteen minutes in the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees (it all depends on the power of the oven and, of course, on the thickness of the biscuit itself: the thicker it is, the longer it will take to bake).
- The biscuit does not like drafts, so do not open or close the oven with sudden movements. It is best to bake a biscuit in the middle of the oven so that it bakes evenly.
- The readiness of the biscuit dough, as well as another type of dough, can be checked by piercing it with a wooden stick, a toothpick or the tip of a knife: if there is no raw dough on them, then our biscuit is ready.
- After the dough is baked, we take the roll out of the oven, carefully remove the parchment paper, fold the cake with a clean towel into the roll - and allow time to cool.
- I remove the biscuit from the baking sheet as soon as I took it out of the oven, as the dough quickly dries due to the heat of the baking sheet.
- When the roll has cooled, you need to carefully deploy it, put on its entire surface, evenly, strawberry jam (or any other filling).
- When the filling is evenly distributed over the biscuit, carefully wrap it all up again in a roll. I give time to soak a biscuit with a filling.
- Go to the decor. When the roll with the filling is saturated, then the edges of the roll should be cut to the size of the dish in which you put the dessert. Put the roll on the center of the plate and decorate. For decoration, you can use powdered sugar and chocolate.
Our delicious homemade sponge cake is ready. The whole delight of the dessert is not only in its tender dough, but also in the filling: you can use fresh fruits, a variety of jams, condensed milk, chocolate or jam - this is a matter of taste. Originality is given to the taste by adding nuts or chocolate chips to the filling. This dessert is perfect for a festive feast: guests will be delighted. On the site "I like to cook" you can find a lot of recipes for delicious biscuit desserts.