To create a more festive atmosphere and show guests that the event is very important to you, bake homemade honey cake with cream and sour cream. I always associate the holiday with the aroma of citrus fruits, which is why I suggest adding lemon zest to this pastry - its smell improves mood and promotes good appetite. It is worth considering that the smaller the diameter of the cake, the higher you get a dessert. You can decorate the honey cake at your discretion, at least you can sprinkle it with crumbs from the scraps of cakes, as well as crushed nuts. Decorations of their whipped cream or chocolate icing look more elegant and refined. Be sure to cook the honey recipe according to your home recipe in advance. Although it can already be served after 4-5 hours, it’s better to soak it if it stays in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours. I'm sure you will like it step-by-step preparation of the Honey cake with lemon cream with a photo and you bake this dessert more than once.
Ingredients for making Honey cake with lemon cream
|Honey||2 tbsp. l|
|Cognac||2 tbsp. l|
|Sour cream from 20%||300 g|
Step-by-step preparation of the Honey cake with lemon cream with a photo
- To prepare the dough, measure 220 g of sugar and beat them with eggs.
- Add 75 g of butter, honey, cognac and soda.
- Place a bowl of contents in a water bath. When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat and darken the liquid ingredients for 10 minutes. At this time, it is necessary to mix the egg mixture well so that both the butter and sugar dissolve well.
- Remove from heat, introduce the flour in parts and knead the dough. While it is hot, knead with a spoon, and then with your hands.
- It should turn out a soft, and not dense dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts, form balls. Roll the dough out of a ball into a circle, it can be cut out, for example, in the shape of a pan cover, and it’s convenient to roll it out immediately on parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the cakes to a ruddy color for 4-6 minutes.
- So that the cake is not dry, soak it with ordinary sweet tea, just add a slice of lemon for taste. Walk with a silicone brush dipped in tea on the cakes - this will be enough.
- To prepare the cream, rub the softened butter with sugar into a homogeneous mass.
- Gradually add sour cream and continue to mix.
- On a fine grater, grate the zest with lemon, mix and send in the refrigerator, so that the cream thickens a little and is saturated with lemon aroma.
- If you grease the cakes and immediately put them on top of each other, the cream may begin to leak, so it is better to spread the cakes on the entire surface of the table and smear them with cream. After 30 minutes, collect the cake by combining all the cakes.
- Crush with a rolling pin the trimming of the cakes and sprinkle with crumbs of the side and the top of the honey cake. Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours soak.
- Another secret to add flavor to the cake is to put a sliced banana between the cakes.
Honey cake is served for tea, cut into portions. Now your holiday will definitely be a success. Enjoy your meal!