A wonderful French dessert is profiteroles with ice cream, they are often sold in pastry shops or in cafes. But this gourmet dessert can also be prepared at home: after all, it needs the most ordinary products and very little time. And the result will be no worse than that of the noble confectioners.
- butter - 100 grams
- chicken eggs (size C0) - 4 pieces;
- whole grain flour - 150 grams;
- water - 250 milliliters;
- salt to taste.
Dessert with ice cream - profiteroles. Step by step recipe
To make profiteroles you need to make a custard dough.
- Sift the wheat flour through a sieve.
- Pour water into a small pot and add butter. When the water boils, and the oil has completely melted, a little salt will be added to the liquid.
- Pour the sifted flour into a pan with oil and water and mix thoroughly for several minutes: the dough becomes thick and viscous. This process is called brewing flour: from it came the name of the same "custard" cakes.
- We knock three eggs one into the dough and, after each egg, carefully whisk the dough with a whisk until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Separate the protein from the yolk in one egg.
- We introduce the yolk into the dough just like the eggs before, and whisk the protein separately in the foam and also carefully insert it into the dough, with slow movements, so that the foam does not settle.
- We fill the pastry bag with the finished dough. You choose the nozzle yourself: I like the nozzle in the form of an asterisk.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment, we form our profiteroles. You can do this in circular motions, or you can from the bottom up. Profiteroles should be small (about three centimeters in diameter), as they will increase.
- We send our custard “sockets” to the oven, preheated to 220 degrees Celsius, for 20 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 170 degrees and bake another 10 minutes.
Tip. It is very important not to open the oven door during baking for the first 15 minutes: since at this time the product grows up and is still very unstable to temperature changes - it may fall.
- Ready profiteroles should cool down: they will become ruddy, crunchy and hollow inside.
- We cut the custard cakes horizontally and put a scoop of ice cream in each profitroll. You can start profiteroles with any ice cream: berry sorbet, creamy ice cream or just chocolate.
- From above, the finished stuffed profiteroles are poured with melted chocolate.
Tip. Profiteroles can be baked in advance and stored for several days in a cool place. Stuffings for profiteroles can be very diverse: creamy, buttery or curd creams, chocolate-nut pastes. You can also start profiteroles with savory fillings: for example, mincemeat or pastes.
Serve such a dessert to the table immediately, so that you can feel the coolness of ice cream, crisp profiteroles and the warm delicate taste of chocolate. Your guests will appreciate the taste of such an exquisite dessert, and you as a skilled chef. With our “I love to cook” website, you can turn every dish into a unique culinary masterpiece.