Today we will prepare lean pies with apples. I love to cook werezere according to this recipe: after spending a small amount of time, you get great pies. For those who don’t know: Werezere is the national dish of Moldavian cuisine. These are original pies with any kind of filling. Today we will prepare a lean version without yeast with apples. The pies are rosy, soft, sweet and very tasty. I advise everyone to cook these pies according to the Moldovan recipe at least once.
For the test:
- flour - 300 grams;
- refined vegetable oil - 125 milliliters;
- water at room temperature - 125 milliliters;
- salt - 5 grams.
- medium apples - 4 pieces;
- sugar - 50 grams;
- ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon.
- icing sugar - optional.
Lean pies with apples. Step by step recipe
- Pour water at room temperature into a clean bowl.
- Add the sunflower oil and salt.
- Mix it with a whisk.
- Add flour in small portions.
Flour must be sieved through a sieve in advance. Add in small portions, because someone may need more flour, someone less. It’s better to be guided by what ingredients you have.
- Mix everything. We should get elastic and greasy (due to the large amount of sunflower oil) dough.
- We take out our lump of dough and knead well for 5 minutes.
Since the dough turned out to be greasy, it will not stick to either the table or the hands. Also note that the table does not need to be sprinkled with flour.
- Wrap the soft dough in cling film and leave it to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- We take our apples and remove the core - leave the peel.
I take 4 medium apples. But if your apples are large, then 2 pieces will be enough.
- Rub apples on a coarse grater.
- Add sugar and ground cinnamon to taste.
If your apples are sweet, then 50 grams of sugar will suffice, but if they are sour, it’s best to add a little more sugar. The amount of sugar always depends on the variety of apples.
- Mix our filling well.
- We leave it for some time aside and return to the test.
- Knead the rest of the dough again and divide it into 15 small pieces.
To make the dough easier to cut, grease your hands with a small amount of sunflower oil.
- We take one ball of our dough and gently knead it on the working surface, and then roll it out very thinly with a rolling pin.
- Put apple filling on the edge of the dough: about 1 tablespoon.
- The edge on which we put the filling, carefully wrap so as to close it.
- Wrap the edges on the side and gently twist our werzer into a small tube.
Since the dough is elastic, it will not break.
- We perform the same procedure with the rest of the test.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and put our pies seam down.
If you do not stick to fasting, then you can grease with a beaten egg on top.
- We send apple werzer to a preheated oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Ready Moldovan pies leave to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar on top.
Moldovan werzere pies are deliciously crazy. Ruddy crust, soft and thin dough, inside - a breathtaking filling. This taste will give you unforgettable emotions. It is prepared very quickly, using improvised ingredients and, most importantly, if desired, Moldovan pies can be prepared with completely different fillings: from cottage cheese to meat. Your relatives will be delighted with this delicacy and you yourself will want to cook them more often. Bon appetit from the team of the site "I like to cook."