I love to mess with lean yeast dough, especially when it's simple like that. The recipe for this lean test has long circulated the entire Internet. I'll tell you the truth, for a long time I was confused in this test by the lack of eggs and milk, I thought it would be empty. But to my surprise, it turned out incredibly fragrant and fluffy pastries. Yes, and how simple and economical! I definitely recommend it!
- 0.5 liters of water;
- potatoes - 1 piece (about 180-200 grams);
- dry yeast - 3 teaspoons;
- sugar - 1-2 tablespoons (I added 3 tablespoons);
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- about 7 glasses of flour (it took me 6.5);
- sunflower oil - a glass.
Lean yeast dough. Step by step recipe
- Peel the potatoes, finely chop and boil. Cook the potatoes until cooked, nothing, even if it boils a little.
- We grind it with a blender or you can just push a batter. Do not drain the water! The consistency will turn out like a pancake dough, perhaps a little thinner. Do not completely cool, let the temperature be 40-45 ° С.
- Now you can begin to prepare the dough itself. Pour the potato mixture, add yeast, salt, sugar and sunflower oil (but not all, leave a little to add later).
- Add a couple glasses of flour, mix and leave the dough at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cover.
- After the specified time, add the remainder of sunflower oil and flour. But not all at once, but slowly, constantly kneading the dough.
- While the dough can be kneaded with a spatula, mix in a bowl, then lay it on a table, knead a soft and tender dough.
- Grease a bowl with vegetable oil, put the dough in there, let it come up. It is necessary that the dough is doubled.
- Then proceed to cooking.
This potato dough is ideal for pies in a pan, sweet buns in the oven. Despite the fact that there is no milk and eggs, the dough is very tasty. Enjoy your meal! Cook with “Very tasty”, everything is delicious with us! Try the recipe for yeast dough for the most magnificent pies or the most delicious and simple yeast dough for buns and pies.