I hasten to share, I would say, the perfect lemon cake with meringue. Its most delicate taste can drive you crazy! Everything is so harmoniously combined in it: a thin sand cake, as a base, a pleasant lemon cream with airy meringue - that you can’t resist! Such a cake must be tried at least once, than heard about it 1,000 times. In addition, there is nothing complicated in the recipe: I will tell you in detail how to make a lemon cake.
- flour - 1 cup;
- oil - 115 grams;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- ice water - 2 tablespoons;
- salt is on the tip of a knife.
For lemon filling:
- yolks - 4 pieces;
- granulated sugar - 1.5 cups;
- corn starch - 120 grams;
- water - 1 whole and ⅓ cup;
- lemon juice - 0.5 cups;
- lemon zest - 1 tablespoon;
- oil - 50-80 grams.
- squirrels - 4 pieces;
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon;
- powdered sugar - 170 grams.
Lemon cake with meringue. Step by step recipe
- Add salt, a teaspoon of sugar to the sifted flour, grate the chilled oil and mix well. If you have a blender, then it will be much easier to do this - just load everything into a bowl and whisk.
- Add cold water and quickly knead the dough, blind it into a bowl.
- Wrap with polyethylene and refrigerate for a quarter of an hour.
- Roll out the chilled dough 2-3 mm thick and transfer to a baking dish. I used a shape with a diameter of 22 centimeters.
- Gently spread over the entire surface, make high sides. Pour dough with a fork, cover with parchment on top and cover with peas or beans. This is done so that the dough does not rise in places during baking, but keeps a neat, uniform shape and the sides do not settle.
- Put in a preheated oven to 170 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lemon cake filling: combine water, juice and lemon zest, granulated sugar and corn starch, put on a small fire and cook until thickened. Do not forget to stir constantly so that the mass does not burn. Then remove from the stove.
- Further on the recipe: to 4 beaten yolks add half of hot custard lemon cream and mix everything quickly so that the yolks do not curl. Pour in the remaining cream, mix again and continue cooking.
- Boil the cream, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add oil to a hot cream and mix well.
- Put the mass on the base, flatten.
- For meringues: beat the whites, in the process add 1 teaspoon of citric acid and small amounts of icing sugar. Powdered sugar can be replaced with granulated sugar, but I would not recommend it, since sugar may not dissolve when whipped. And when baked, it will crystallize, and that light air meringue will not work.
- Put whipped squirrels on lemon cream, smooth, if desired, you can make fancy waves on meringues. To do this, touch the surface of the meringue with a spoon and pull it up sharply, so do it several times over the entire surface of the cake. And you will see how beautiful it will turn out.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees, until the meringue is covered with a golden brown crust.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature.
Homemade lemon cake with meringue is ready! The most difficult thing was to wait until it cools down. Delicate lemon aroma stimulates appetite, and the taste exceeds expectations. I prepared such a dessert for my child’s birthday and received many pleasant reviews from guests. Therefore, I decided to share with you the recipe for "I like to cook." Try it - it's really delicious! And for those who like lemons, we recommend two more delicious desserts: Lemongrass cake and lemon pie.
Enjoy your meal!