Since childhood, I love citrus fruits. After all, they are not only tasty, but also healthy. With age, I began to look for different recipes where I could use them. Today I want to share with you a recipe for my favorite lemon pie! Loose basis, sweet and sour kurd and the most tender meringue! Have you already started drooling? Then go to the kitchen!
- Flour - 1 ¾ cup;
- Butter - 150 grams;
- Salt - ½ teaspoon;
- Egg yolk - 1 piece;
- Water - 2 tablespoons;
- Sugar - 300 grams;
- Salt - ½ teaspoon;
- Water - 350 milliliters;
- Starch - ½ cup;
- Water for starch - 80 milliliters;
- Egg yolk - 4 pieces;
- Lemon juice (2 lemons) - ½ cup;
- Lemon zest - 2 teaspoons;
- Butter - 3 tablespoons.
- Egg white - 4 pieces;
- Salt - ¼ teaspoon;
- Sugar for meringue - 100 grams.
Step-by-step recipe for making lemon pie
- Mix the flour and salt well a couple of times, add slices of chilled butter and grind, until large crumbs. We shift into a bowl and in parts add the yolk whipped with water. When the dough can be collected in a ball - it is ready for rolling. But before this, the dough must be put in the refrigerator so that it cools. I advise you to cover the dough with cling film before rolling out.
- The size of the rolled dough depends on the size of the baking dish.
- We spread the dough on the bottom and walls of the mold, remove excess. Bake at 200 C for 20-25 minutes. We take out of the oven and reduce the temperature to 170 C.
- Mix sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan. We put on a strong fire and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the starch and 80 ml of water to make porridge. Gradually add the mixture, whisking with a whisk, in boiling syrup. Cook until the syrup becomes thick and transparent. Remove from the stove.
- In another cup, beat the yolks and lemon juice. Gradually add, whisking, a mixture of yolks in a hot syrup. We put it back on the fire and bring it and wait until it boils, constantly interfering.
- As soon as it boils, remove from the heat and add the grated lemon zest, butter. We put the filling in the refrigerator and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix egg whites and salt. Beat in light foam. Slowly add sugar, and continue to whisk. Beat the squirrels in a strong foam.
- Add about 3/4 cup whipped protein to the lemon filling. Do not forget, it must be warm.
- Spoon the filling into the finished base. On top of the pie lay out the remaining proteins.
- In the oven, preheated to 170 C, bake for about 15 minutes. Meringues should lightly brown.
- Let cool 1-1.5 hours before treating guests.
You will say that there is so much fuss with him .. Yes, the lemon pie is not being prepared quickly, but it's worth it. The taste of this cake is simply divine!