If you think that eating fasting is boring and tasteless, here's proof that this is not so - lean mannick! Oven-free vegetarian manna cooked in the oven, incredibly tender and satisfying. The classic mannick will undoubtedly amaze you and your guests with the excellent taste. The vanilla aroma of the pie just drives crazy. On “I love to cook” I want to tell you how to quickly, simply and easily cook the most delicious homemade lean baked pastry with semolina.
- baking powder for dough - 10 grams;
- raisins - 20 grams;
- semolina - 1 glass;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- vanillin - 1.5 grams (1 sachet);
- half a glass of vegetable oil;
- water - 1 cup;
- wheat flour - 4 tablespoons.
Lent manic. Step by step recipe
- Rinse the semolina cake well, rinse it with hot water for 10 minutes, then drain the water and dry the raisins from moisture with a disposable towel.
- In a deep bowl, mix baking powder, raisins, semolina, sugar and vanillin (one bag of vanillin = 1.5 grams).
Tip: in order to choose a good and high-quality semolina when buying, pay attention to the color: it should be rich cream. Semolina should be without lumps and with good flowability.
- Add half a glass of flavourless vegetable oil to the semolina mixture and add, little by little, warm water. Mix everything well and thoroughly.
- Leave the semolina mixture for lean manic for 20-30 minutes, so that it swells.
- When the cereal swells, add the sifted flour to the mixture - in small portions. (According to the recipe, 4 tablespoons of flour are given, but the dough for the manna should be as thick as sour cream, so you may need a little more flour. It all depends on what kind of flour for the vegetarian manna you will use). Knead the dough for the lean pie.
- Send the baking dish for the classic semolina pie with parchment paper, grease it with a little vegetable oil and pour the finished dough into the mold. Using a silicone spatula, evenly distribute the semolina dough throughout the mold.
- Preheat the oven well to 180 degrees.
- Bake manna in a well-heated oven for one hour (the baking time depends on your oven, and the readiness of the manna can be checked with a wooden toothpick).
- Ready manna, if desired, can be decorated with icing sugar.
I very often bake mannik for relatives. Vegetarian semolina pie can also be prepared with chocolate, with the addition of nuts - it is delicious so that you lick your fingers straight!
As you already understood, making a pie is very simple. And it turns out exactly the same as in the photo !!!
Cook Lenten Meals with I Love Cooking. And we will tell you how, even from strictly limited products, you can make wonderful sweet pastries for tea. And be sure to try the lean coffee cake and lean chocolate manna.