Dear sweet tooth, let me tell you a recipe for making delicious homemade liquid caramel in 15 minutes. Yes, I’m not mistaken: such a caramel sauce is prepared very quickly and simply, and you decide how to use it yourself. At a minimum, you can simply eat it with a spoon (this is exactly what my children do), add it to your favorite desserts, pour thin pancakes or lush pancakes, serve with ruddy pancakes or decorate cupcakes. In general, there are a lot of options. Let's look at how to make a delicious caramel sauce at home.
- cream (fat content not less than 33%) - 120 milliliters;
- butter - 90 grams;
- sugar sand (or brown sugar) - 200 grams;
- vanilla sugar with natural vanilla - 1 teaspoon.
Liquid caramel in 15 minutes. Step by step recipe
- In order for our homemade caramel not to burn during cooking and to have no smack of burnt sugar, you need to use a stainless steel pan with a thick bottom.
- So, pour 200 grams of sugar into a saucepan, one teaspoon of vanilla sugar and put on medium heat. Sugar should melt. So that the sugar melts evenly and does not burn, constantly stir it with a wooden spoon.
- When the sugar is completely melted and acquires a beautiful amber color, add the butter cut into pieces.
- Mix everything vigorously for one minute.
- Now add the cream. To prepare a delicious caramel sauce, it is best to use heavy cream (33% and above), then the caramel will have a pronounced creamy taste and a wonderful appearance. Therefore, be sure to buy cream fatter.
- We mix everything very well for two minutes. It is necessary that all the ingredients are combined, and the mass becomes homogeneous.
- Fire should be minimal. Work carefully, as the caramel is very hot and should be extremely careful.
- Now that the caramel has become uniform and has acquired a beautiful amber color, remove the pan from the fire and pour it into a storage container (a beautiful jar or tray).
- In hot form, fast caramel has a liquid consistency, but when it completely cools, it will thicken significantly.
If you want to get a thicker caramel, then you should hold the pan with caramel sauce on fire for a little longer. And lovers of salted caramel can add a pinch of salt at the end of cooking. The team of the site “I Love Cooking” wishes you a pleasant appetite and a sweet mood.