Recently in the restaurant I tried unusual pancake cakes. I was struck by the originality of the pies themselves and their delicious taste. They themselves are magnificent in appearance, very soft, with a crispy crust. But it turned out that it was stuffed thin pancakes fried in bread breading. How simple and how divinely delicious! I am more and more surprised how much interesting and delicious can be made from pancakes. You can make any filling, but I want to offer to make pancake cakes with a fairly simple, tasty filler. This dish is prepared quickly and easily. I wrote a step-by-step process below to make everything clear
- milk - 500 milliliters;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- flour - 180 grams;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- sugar - 1-2 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil - 50 milliliters.
- rice - 200 grams;
- eggs - 3-4 pieces;
- butter - 50 grams;
- green onions - 100 grams;
- salt to taste.
- eggs - 1-2 pieces;
- milk - 30 grams;
- breadcrumbs - 150-200 grams;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil for frying.
Lush pancake cakes. Step by step recipe
- To prepare pancakes, grind the eggs with sugar, salt, add a little milk (approximately 100-150 grams).
- Sift the flour, add to the egg-milk mixture, knead well. (You will get a fairly dense mass, like on pancakes. When doing the work in this order, the lumps of dough very well disperse).
- Add vegetable oil, knead well. You will see how the dough immediately becomes elastic, uniform.
- We continue to add the remaining milk in small portions and bring the dough to the desired consistency - a little thicker than drinking cream.
- We leave pancake dough to rest for 20-30 minutes at room temperature. During this time, gluten swells, pancakes during frying will turn over well, not break.
- Before frying the first pancake, grease the pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Fry the pancakes on both sides, until a slight blush appears. Turn over with a thin shovel or hands, prying the edge of the pancake with a skewer. The pancake itself should not be thick, otherwise it will be bad to wrap the filling in it.
- To prepare the filling, rinse the rice several times under water until the water becomes clear. Long-grain is best for this recipe.
- Boil rice in water. To make it crumbly, I boil in 2 doses in a large amount of water. The first time the rice boils literally 2-3 minutes in unsalted water. Next, I pour the boiling water, wash the grains again, pour cold water, salt, and boil until tender (10-15 minutes). Before turning off the stove, try rice: if it is not hard, then you can take it off.
- Boiled rice must be washed, discarded in a colander.
- In a pan, melt the butter and send rice to it, fry for a couple of minutes, quickly and thoroughly mixing. During this time, rice absorbs creamy aroma, will be friable and tasty. It must be cooled.
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, cool, finely chopped, add to rice.
- Washed, dried green onions finely chopped and sent to the filling.
- Mix everything, add salt if necessary. We get quite a lot of delicious toppings.
- We stuff pancakes: for each pancake closer to the center we spread 1-2 tablespoons of the filling and wrap it with a thick envelope. So do with all the pancakes.
- For breading, rub the egg with a whisk, add a little milk (1-2 tablespoons), salt and beat until a homogeneous consistency.
- Next, we do it in such a step-by-step manner: dip each pancake envelope in the egg-milk mixture and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry pancake cakes over medium heat on both sides until golden brown, crispy.
Original pancake cakes are ready! They turned out to be charming: the most delicate filling, a divine aroma and a crisp. The pies are delicious both hot and cold. You can serve them with sour cream, cream sauce or just eat. I am sure that these magnificent pancake cakes will become the main dish on your table after you try them.
Bon appetit with “I like to cook”!