The recipe for lush verguns is traditionally Ukrainian, they have been prepared for many years. For the test use sour cream, kefir, often made with yeast. I want to tell how to cook verguns on kefir and soda, it turns out they are lush, sweet, soft inside, and on the outside with a crust! You can be stunned, how delicious!
- flour - 450 grams;
- fat yogurt - 250 grams;
- one egg;
- sugar - 5 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- a tablespoon of vodka;
- a teaspoon of soda without top, slaked with vinegar (you can use baking powder);
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons in the dough, and we will also need vegetable oil for frying;
- icing sugar.
Lush verguns. Step by step recipe
- Sift the flour, put it in a bowl, distribute along the edges, making a kind of pit.
- Pour kefir, soda, slaked vinegar, vegetable oil, salt and sugar. Stir a little, add vodka and egg.
- Knead the dough on the table, adding a little flour if necessary. The dough should be elastic and fluffy at the same time.
- Roll the dough into a layer no more than a centimeter thick.
- Cut the dough into strips, then cut all the strips with diamonds.
- In the middle of each rhombus make an incision, roll the verguns with a bow, wrapping one end in this incision.
- It should work like this.
- Fry the verguns like donuts in a large amount of hot vegetable oil.
Ready-made verguns should be laid out on a napkin to remove excess fat. The recipe for lush verguns will conquer you, and their taste will be remembered for a lifetime! "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try making donuts on condensed milk and yogurt on yogurt.