I'll tell you today about making the right halva. Now everyone can make a real, natural, without flour and extra additives, healthy and tasty halva in less than an hour. Homemade halva is one of my family's favorite treats. She is very gentle - she can not be compared with the store.
- peeled sunflower kernels - 500 grams;
- sugar sand - 250 grams;
- water - 70 milliliters;
- a bag of vanillin (1.5 grams) or medium vanilla stick;
- protein of one egg.
Cooking the right halva. Step by step recipe
- The most important thing in halva cooking is sunflower seeds. Therefore, we start with them. So that the seeds have an expressive taste - we must fry them in a pan. It is best to use a cast-iron frying pan: after all, it is she who is able to reveal the amazing taste of the grain. If you do not have pig-iron - no problem, use the existing one.
- To do this, put a frying pan on the stove, pour out all the seeds and systematically mix with a wooden spatula. We make sure that nothing burns. It takes about 15 minutes to fry. With every minute you will notice how they change their color. The main secret when frying: we fry the seeds for only the first 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and another 5 minutes for the remaining heat of the seeds reach. A cast-iron frying pan holds heat very well: and this is enough to fry the seeds. When we are done, pour the whole bowl.
- Now you have to grind the seeds to a state of mashed potatoes. Our faithful assistant will wonderfully cope with this task: a stationary blender (with a bowl). Do not try to grind everything with a submersible - nothing will work out for you, and the equipment will overheat a lot. Be sure to bring the mass to homogeneity: it should look like condensed milk.
- If your weight is too thick, add a couple of tablespoons of tablespoons of sunflower oil to it (olive and others this time do not take).
- Pour our aromatic mass into a deep bowl.
- Let's start preparing the syrup: for this we take sugar sand and water. Pour all the sugar into a saucepan and add water: do not mix anything. We put on a slow fire. Cook to a temperature of 121 * C or to the state of "caramel".
- To check the readiness of caramel, carefully take one drop and drop it into a glass of cold water. If she grabbed and turned out to be viscous, like a toffee, it means that everything is ready, we need such a state. If the droplet dissolves and spreads, then we continue to cook more. But it may be that the droplet seized like a candy - this means that you digested the sugar.
- Now we take one protein and beat it well to a thick foam. There is no need to beat for a long time: after all, we are not preparing protein cream.
- Now gradually pour the hot syrup into the protein foam and continue to beat thoroughly. For this process, we again need a stationary blender. Beat everything a couple of minutes.
- After that, we transfer the whole bowl with ground kernels of seeds. Add vanillin there and gently stir with a spoon. It is also necessary to interfere correctly: lift the mass from the bottom and pull it up, as if you were pulling it. Then lower the spoon into a bowl, again lift and pull. The mass is very thick and stretches. In this way, it hardens faster and more correctly: there will be more fibers in it and this gives it tenderness. In order to bring home halva to readiness, it must be transferred to any form you have. Next, put in the refrigerator, at least 20 minutes, for solidification.
Here you absolutely completely fry the seeds to the state you need. All products are natural: and therefore halva can be given to children absolutely calmly. Isn't it wonderful that you can make such simple and tasty halva at home?
Homemade correct halva from seeds is ready. Cut it into pieces and treat everyone: delight is provided. And you can experiment: try to cook halva with different seeds, nuts. “I love to cook” wishes you a sweet and enjoyable meal!