Many of us have been working recently or want to learn how to work with mastic to decorate a cake. Some are convinced that decorating a cake with mastic is an art that can only be mastered with special culinary skills. But actually decorating with mastic is very easy, I would even say - interesting. Today, along with “I love to cook,” I want to share a recipe that I took from the Internet - I will tell you how simple, quick and easy to prepare mastic.
- 10 grams of butter;
- marshmallows - 100 grams;
- food colorings;
- 200 grams of powdered sugar.
Mastic for cake decorating. Step by step recipe
- Sugar powder must be sieved.
- Take a baking dish and put marshmallows and butter there.
- We send the form to the preheated oven to 100 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then we connect the marshmallows with a silicone spatula to the powder. I did this on the table, which I sprinkled a little with the same powder. You can see in more detail in the video. When the mastic is well kneaded, it will not stick to your hands.
- Roll out the mastic with a rolling pin and use the plunger to squeeze the figures.
- Leave them for a day to dry.
- Then you can dye them with dyes in those colors that you need. Dyes can be taken both gel and dry.
When you decorate the holiday cake with mastic or such figures, it will look great on the table. I want to say that I tried to work with different dyes, but I liked the gel more. It’s easier to work with them and they are much brighter, as for me.
I share this recipe with you on the “I love to cook” portal. I have a lot of interesting things for you. Next time we will tell you another recipe for making mastic and tell you the recipe for making a cake from mastic.