I devote a very unusual recipe to all sweet tooth: a delicious cake “Monastery hut” with sour cream. The combination of sour cherries, shortcrust pastry and sour cream will not leave anyone indifferent. Cherry cake will become a real decoration of the festive table: peerless in a cut, covered with chocolate icing - a masterpiece of culinary in the home performance.
For the test:
- sour cream 20% fat - 250 grams;
- flour - 500-600 grams;
- butter - 250 grams;
- sugar sand - 200 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 8 grams;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoon;
- baking powder - 10 grams.
- sugar sand - 100 grams;
- pitted cherries (frozen or fresh berries) - 800 grams;
- potato starch - 3 tablespoons.
- icing sugar - 50 grams;
- sour cream 30% fat - 700 grams.
- low-fat sour cream - 200 grams.
- dark or milk chocolate - 90 grams.
Cake "Monastic hut" with sour cream. Step by step recipe
- First we need to mix the baking powder with flour, then sift it all, add sugar and vanilla sugar to them. So that all dry components are evenly distributed over the volume, they must be thoroughly mixed.
- Add chopped butter to the mixed ingredients, which should be cold. We mix everything: I do it with my hands to grind into small crumbs (the size of the crumb is about the size of a pea).
- In a separate bowl of sour cream (I take 20% fat, but you can any other) add soda and mix well. I use soda in order to extinguish sour cream acid, but if it is not very acidic, then you can not take soda.
- Add sour cream in a bowl with crumbs and knead the dough. We just need to achieve uniformity, so we don’t need to knead it for a long time.
- Wrap the dough in cling film or cover with something, send for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- We pass to the filling. Cherries for this cake can be fresh (previously washed and pitted) or cherries from jam. If you take frozen cherries, then drain the juice from them after defrosting and add potato starch to the berries
- Add sugar (100 grams) to the berries. If anyone loves acid, add less sugar. We put the pan with cherries on the stove and heat to a boil. Cherry gives even more juice, we add starch solution and cook until thickened. After thickening, cook one or two minutes to boil the starch. The filling should cool.
- We take the dough out of the refrigerator and divide it into three equal parts. We leave one part on the table, and wrap the other two in cling film and put back in the refrigerator.
- We roll out the rest of the dough that is on the table as we like: who is thinner, who is thicker (I like thin dough more, so I roll it thin).
- Cut the rolled dough into strips: the thickness of the strip is seven to eight centimeters. Put cherries in the center of the strip (I put cherries in a row). Since we have three parts of the dough, spread out a third of the prepared filling.
- Turn the strips so that the filling is completely closed (I form a tubule-log).
- We take a baking sheet, cover it with a sheet of baking paper, put a form on it and freely place our strips in this form.
- Stripes should be laid out freely so that they bake well.
- We bake the cake until browning in a preheated oven to 200 degrees: the cake is baked for about ten minutes.
- We shift the cake onto a flat surface, and while it is very hot, grease it with non-fat sour cream: the less fat there is in the sour cream, the better the cake is impregnated (I use sour cream 10% fat). Grease the cake with plenty of sour cream, not sparing. Let it cool.
- We also bake the remaining dough with the filling, as well as the first crust.
- While the cakes are cooling, we make the cream. We take thick sour cream (30% fat or more): it should be well chilled - you can put it in the refrigerator for several hours. To it we add powdered sugar to taste and beat.
- Lubricate the cakes with sour cream. At the same time, we leave a small part of the cream to smear the sides of the cake.
- We collect the cake in the usual way: stacking cakes on each other, smeared with sour cream. Coat the top of the cake and the sides with cream.
- Usually a cake from the monastery’s hut is sprinkled with grated chocolate. You can decorate the top of the cake to your taste.
- We put the cake in the refrigerator for several hours: it needs time for a good soak.
In the context of the cake "Monastery hut" is simply incomparable. And, of course, the most important thing is its great taste, which will bring great pleasure to everyone. This cherry cake will be a great decoration for any festive table. On the site "I love to cook" you will find a lot of recipes for sweet dishes.