Indeed: the peerless vegan pie with currants and apples. You will not find any eggs and milk here, but you will meet the true pleasure of delicious and healthy baking. Soon the blackcurrant season is already around, so take our recipe for your own note: and be sure to make a very tasty and tender pie. A very unusual solution with a test in which you will not find eggs and dairy products, I was very interested. Is it really possible to make delicious sweet pastries with such simple products, I thought? It turned out that as much as possible. The dough in our pie is crispy and incredibly fragrant, and the combination of sour currants and apples is incredibly successful and harmonious. Well, let's start cooking?
- peeled rye flour - 180 grams;
- whole grain baking wheat flour - 350 grams;
- baking powder for dough - 3 grams (you can without it);
- vegetable oil - 50 milliliters;
- cold water - add enough to make the dough elastic.
- dried ground ginger - 0.5 tablespoon;
- dried ground green cardamom - 1 tablespoon;
- dried cloves - 1 teaspoon;
- dried star anise (anise) - 2 stars;
- ground cinnamon - 1 tablespoon;
- brown sugar - 200 grams (1 cup);
- vanilla sugar - 1 tablespoon (you can without it).
- blackcurrant - 1.5 cups (if not season, you can frozen);
- fresh apples - 3 pieces;
- brown sugar - 50 grams (it turns out not cloyingly sweet, with a little acidity).
Peerless vegan pie with currants and apples. Step by step recipe
- Before you start cooking, put a cup of water in the refrigerator. We will need chilled water to knead the dough a bit later. We will also determine its quantity in the process of kneading.
- It is necessary to prepare a deep bowl in which we will first mix the dry ingredients, and then knead the dough. We sift two types of flour: peeled rye and whole wheat wheat in the proportions indicated in our ingredients.
- Add a tablespoon of ground cardamom and half a tablespoon of ground dry ginger. We also add a glass of brown sugar and a baking powder for the dough (about 3 grams). If you wish, you can not add it at all: then you will get a pie with a crispy base and a crust.
- Now we’ll prepare some spices that should add a spicy flavor to the dough of our vegan pie. At this point we will need a coffee grinder. It is possible to replace it with a mortar and pestle. Take a teaspoon of cloves and two star anise star. Grind and add to dry ingredients. We also put one tablespoon of cinnamon and vanilla sugar. Mix all dry spices with flour and sugar.
- Perhaps you do not have all the spices that are used in the recipe. Then it will be enough to take only cinnamon and ginger.
- Pour in vegetable oil. Mix to make butter crumbs.
- Now you need to pour in cold water. Add it gradually and knead the dough. The consistency of the test should tell you how much water you need. Do everything by eye. Since someone may need more water, and someone less. We bring the consistency of the dough to an elastic state and remove it to the side.
- Prepare the filling. For this, my apples, cut out the core. If desired, you can peel, but this time I didn’t. Then rub on a coarse grater. Wash currants and peel the roots and leaves. Drain a little on a paper towel. Mix grated apples and currants in a bowl, add brown sugar and mix.
- Now back to the test. We need to divide it into two parts. A large enough piece we roll into a round layer with a thickness of about 5 millimeters. The diameter of the rolled circle should be larger than the diameter of the baking dish. Transfer the dough into a mold using a rolling pin. We straighten and align on all sides of the sides. If you use a silicone baking dish - there is no need to lubricate it. If you have a metal, detachable or just a glass form - I recommend lubricating it a little with vegetable oil and slightly sprinkle with flour. Then the cake will not burn out and will easily lag behind the form.
- Evenly distribute the prepared filling.
- Now we roll out the last piece of dough into a thin layer and also, using a rolling pin, transfer it to the pie and cover. We pinch the edges.
- Alternatively, you can originally decorate the cake with the remnants of the dough. To do this, take a cookie cutter (I have metal ones: for example, the shape of an asterisk) and carefully cut out the middle of the pie, pull out a piece of dough and decorate in a circle. Roll out the rest of the dough and also cut it with the help of molds.
- Preheat the oven to 180 * C, set the pie and bake for 40 minutes.
- We get out, give a little time to cool and transfer to a dish.
A fragrant and very beautiful vegan pie with currants and apples is ready. Serve it as usual: for tea, coffee and other delicious drinks. Cook healthy pastries, experiment with the filling. It can be changed seasonally. I think such a simple and very tasty pie will appeal not only to vegan food followers: it can be safely called a lean dish. “Very tasty” continues to search for you the most delicious and healthy recipes. Enjoy your meal!