The perfect homemade birthday cake is a great solution for a family holiday, a children's party or just great baking for tea. Delicate chocolate sponge cake and airy sour cream - what could be better? Cakes are soaked in cream very quickly, you will not need to wait long for the cake to stand and soak in the refrigerator. I cook it very often, sometimes in the presence of dried fruits and nuts, I can add them in a small amount to the cream: and the taste is even richer. Although without them, it is very tasty and chocolate. Do not look for yourself a homemade cake recipe: you have already found it. Rather, write in your culinary notebook and start cooking.
- chicken eggs - 3 pieces;
- premium wheat flour - 400 grams;
- kefir (I have yogurt) - 300 grams;
- vegetable oil - 100 grams;
- sugar sand - 170 grams;
- cocoa powder - 50 grams;
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons;
- soda - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - 1 gram;
- walnuts - 100 grams.
- sour cream (I have homemade, you can store high fat) - 0.5 liters;
- icing sugar - 150 grams.
For sugar syrup:
- water - 100 grams;
- sugar sand - 3 tablespoons;
- red fortified wine (alcohol content 17-20%) - 50 grams.
Perfect homemade birthday cake. Step by step recipe
- Prepare a deep bowl. Add vegetable oil, sugar, sand and three eggs. We begin to whip everything. You can do this with either a whisk or a mixer (first start at low speeds, then switch to large). Then we throw a pinch of salt (approximately one gram) and pour kefir. And again, we mix everything until smooth. Move aside for a short while, back to the liquid mass a little later.
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Sift flour into a separate bowl through a sieve. Then cocoa powder in order to avoid lumps of powder in the dough. Add two teaspoons of baking powder and one teaspoon of soda. Mix thoroughly.
- Now we combine dry and egg mass. Knead thoroughly. We should have a dough of consistency, like thick sour cream.
- It is necessary to prepare a detachable form in which we will bake a biscuit. I have a round shape with a diameter of 22 centimeters. Cover the bottom with parchment paper. Lubricate the sides with butter and parchment itself. Then spread the dough. Twist the shape slightly to the right and left: thereby align up.
- We put in a preheated oven to 200 * C for 30-40 minutes. After 30 minutes it will be possible to open the oven door and check the readiness of the cake using a wooden stick or match. Don’t open before, otherwise the sponge cake will rise badly and will not be as magnificent as we need.
- We take out the finished biscuit from the oven and allow it to stand in shape for 10 minutes and cool down a bit. Then remove the detachable sides of the form and turn the biscuit upside down. In this position, leave to cool completely.
- Then, with a large bread knife, cut the biscuit into three layers.
- To have evenly cut cake, you can use the thread. To do this, make an incision with a knife along the entire contour, and then take the thread and draw it through the entire cake. In this way, as if we separate it.
- We lay out three cakes on dishes and give them a little time to cool.
- In the meantime, we’ll be preparing a gentle sour cream. We take 500 milliliters of sour cream with a high percentage of fat content. My cream will be based on homemade sour cream. Transfer it to a deep bowl, add sugar and beat with a mixer until a thick creamy state.
- We will prepare sugar syrup, with which we will soak all the biscuit cakes. To do this, pour one hundred milliliters of water into the stewpan, add three tablespoons of sugar and cook for a couple of minutes. Sugar has completely dissolved, and the syrup has slightly changed its consistency: from liquid to slightly viscous. Then, in chilled syrup, add 50 grams of red fortified wine. But if you are preparing a cake for children, then you can not add wine. Do only syrup.
- Now we begin to collect the cake. Put the bottom cake on the dish, and soak it in syrup, then coat with cream. We lay out the second cake on it and do everything too. The third, final cake, soaked in syrup on both sides. We cover them with a cake and coat with cream on top and sides. Leave some cream for decoration.
- Grind walnuts with a rolling pin. Then we decorate the walls of the cake to them.
- In the remaining cream, add a little cocoa powder. Mix with a spatula until smooth. Then, using a pastry bag, decorate the cake to your liking.
- If necessary, you can use a bag or file instead of a culinary bag. It is only necessary to cut off a small corner so that it is convenient to squeeze out the cream and decorate.
- Now put the cake in the refrigerator for an hour, so that it is slightly soaked and compacted. Then get out and serve.
The perfect cake that can be prepared for any family holiday is ready. It's amazing how simple and fast it can be cooked. This is a wonderful pastry for any occasion: be sure to try baking it. On our site "Very Delicious" you can find many more delicious and simple recipes for cakes. See, choose - and be sure to cook. After all, there’s nothing to compare homemade cake made with love and good mood. Good appetite!