I saw the recipe for the pie with cottage cheese “Tears of an Angel” on the Internet: and I wondered why it was called that. It turned out, all because of the small drops of moisture that appear on the cake after cooling. The cake with cottage cheese turns out to be very tasty and beautiful: friable shortcrust pastry, curd creamy filling and a very tender, almost weightless souffle covered with golden drops.
For the basics:
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon;
- butter - 80 grams;
- granulated sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- chicken egg - 1 piece;
- wheat flour - 1 cup.
- cottage cheese - 0.5 kilograms;
- egg yolks - 3 pieces;
- granulated sugar - 0.5 cups;
- semolina - 1 tablespoon;
- sour cream or cream 33% - 100 grams;
- vanillin or vanilla extract - to taste.
- egg whites - 3 pieces;
- icing sugar - 3 tablespoons.
Pie with cottage cheese "Tears of an angel." Step by step recipe
- We are preparing the basis for the pie with cottage cheese "Tears of an angel." Using a whisk, beat the egg with granulated sugar.
- Separately, sift flour through a sieve with the addition of baking powder for dough.
- In a bowl with flour, rub the butter.
- Tip. The oil must first be put in the freezer so that it does not stick to the grater.
- Grind the butter and flour with your hands, until crumbs are formed.
- Add the egg-sugar mixture to the crumbs and knead the dough for the cottage cheese pie.
- We form a lump of dough and wrap it in plastic wrap, send it to the cold for half an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the curd filling for our pie. We mix cottage cheese with yolks, sugar, add sour cream or fat cream of at least 33% fat. You can take cottage cheese of any fat content: the main thing is not to skim. We interrupt everything with a blender, until a homogeneous mass is formed. Add vanillin or vanilla extract, gradually introduce semolina - it will help the filling thicken.
- In the curd filling, you can add spicy cinnamon or the aromatic zest of orange or lemon. You can also add dried apricots or dried berries: pre-rinse them well and finely chop.
- In a large baking dish: for example, with a diameter of 24 centimeters - lay out the cooled dough, forming sides.
- On top of the dough we spread the curd filling, evenly distributing it with a spoon or a silicone spatula over the entire surface of the base for the curd cake.
- We send our cake to be baked for half an hour. The temperature in the oven is 180 degrees Celsius.
- 20 minutes after the cake was put in the oven, we begin to prepare the souffle, with which we will cover the top of the cake.
- To do this, beat the proteins with a mixer at high speeds, gradually pouring powdered sugar. When the foam becomes thick and stable, we can cover the baked pie with it.
- The surface of our pie, with the help of a spoon or fork, is made curly: with small grooves. Thanks to such irregularities, yellow droplets of moisture will appear on the surface of the cake, in honor of which the cake was called - "Tears of an angel."
- The pie is sent to bake another 10 minutes.
- Tip. It is important not to dry the protein souffle: it should not turn into a meringue.
- When the cottage cheese pie is baked, the oven must be turned off and the door opened ajar. But we can’t take out the pie - leave it to cool.
- Then we send the cake to the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes. During this time, golden dew should form on the surface.
The peculiarity of this very tasty pie with cottage cheese is that it has a lot of toppings - and thin, but crispy dough. A delicious light souffle formed on top. Visit our site “I love to cook”, find out recipes for interesting dishes and cook with us.