Pot Pai Casserole is an American potato casserole with meat. It is prepared easily, quickly, does not require complex ingredients and at the same time looks elegant and has an incredible taste! This recipe will be useful if yesterday’s puree was in the fridge!
- mashed potatoes - 300 grams;
- any minced meat (pork, chicken, beef) - 200 grams;
- 1 medium onion;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- sunflower oil;
- 1 egg
Pot-pie casserole with meat. Step by step recipe
- Dice onion and garlic in small cubes, fry in sunflower oil until a light golden crust forms. Add the minced meat, salt and pepper. Mix everything thoroughly and fry until cooked.
- Put half the mashed potatoes in a shape (medium size, any shape), spread the filling next, evenly distribute it. Spread the remaining puree on top.
- Beat the egg with a whisk and grease the top of the casserole - this will give it a golden crust.
- Send your potpai to the oven for 20-25 minutes, the baking temperature is 180-200 C.
This incredibly tender and aromatic casserole can be served as a main course in a duet with a vegetable salad with arugula and cherry tomatoes! "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try the delicious Beetroot casserole and zucchini casserole.