A classic of the Lenten menu is potato pancakes without eggs. It is very easy to cook, it does not require a lot of time and effort - and at the same time on your table will be an unusually tasty, hearty breakfast. Lean potato pancakes - fragrant and very tender - literally melt in your mouth. With a compote of dried fruits or berries are just a bang.
- 4 medium-sized potatoes;
- three quarters of a teaspoon of soda;
- 2 tablespoons with a hill of flour;
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- ground black pepper - 0.5 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil for frying.
Potato pancakes without eggs. Step by step recipe
- Lean potato pancakes are cooked naturally without eggs. In order to prevent them from spilling out during frying, we do the following: we rub 2 medium-sized potatoes on a fine grater, and the remaining two on a large grater. Tip. so that the potatoes do not darken, you can rub one onion into it: the taste will only benefit from this.
- In the finished potato mass, add three quarters of a teaspoon of soda and two tablespoons of flour. Salt and pepper to taste (I put 0.5 teaspoon of salt). Tip. Instead of flour, when cooking potato pancakes, you can use semolina (such a dish is ideal for baby or diet food).
- Mix well. We form draniki from the potato mass - the process resembles the formation of cutlets: we squeeze them well from all sides, make them slightly flattened. Tip. For a piquant and more flavorful dish, add garlic and finely chopped greens to the potato mass.
- Fold on a board or plate. At this time, put a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil to warm up.
- Fry potato pancakes over medium heat (so that they are well fried inside) from two sides to a golden crust. From this number of products, 7-8 medium-sized potato pancakes are obtained.
We serve lean potato pancakes necessarily hot, with homemade lean mayonnaise on starch (or any other lean sauce). Lenten pancakes (potato pancakes) will help not only to feed your family deliciously during fasting, but also save your time: because they are so fast to cook. The site “I like to cook” wishes you a good appetite and a good mood: spring has come and there is only a bright future ahead. And be sure to try cooking potato zrazy with minced meat and potato zrazy with cabbage.
You can watch the video with the recipe for cooking classic pancakes below.