Puff pastry buns will win the hearts of most pastry lovers. Light, airy, melting and tender. The charming taste of these rolls is impossible to forget. Cooking them is simple and quick in the oven. There can be all kinds of filling options for yeast-free puff pastry: this is sweet cottage cheese and raisins, or you can cook with minced meat or cabbage. Of course, you can use ready-made puff pastry, but in this recipe I want to draw your attention precisely to the preparation of excellent puff pastry. Well, let's get started?
- water - 150 milliliters;
- vodka - 50 milliliters;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- citric acid - 0.5 teaspoon;
- 380 grams of flour;
- butter - 200 grams.
How to make buns from puff pastry. Step by step recipe
- Be sure to sift flour before cooking puff pastry.
- Put the prepared sifted flour in a bowl, leave somewhere 5-6 tablespoons: it will still be useful to us.
- Dissolve salt and citric acid in warm water. Please note that you should not take cold water: it would be better to warm it up a little.
- Add vodka to the water with salt and citric acid (you can choose any alcohol, it can be rum or cognac).
- In the flour, make a deepening, and pour in the prepared liquid. Start kneading the dough.
- Slowly add the flour that we left and knead the smooth dough so that it does not stick to your hands. Knead the dough quickly, usually 10 minutes is enough. It turns out homogeneous and steep, similar in its consistency to dumplings.
- Wrap the dough in cling film or bag and leave to rest on the table at room temperature.
- Sprinkle the flour that remained in a bowl, take the chilled butter and, as if dipping it in the flour, rub on a coarse grater. Use your hands to collect the butter mixed with flour into a lump.
- Take parchment paper for baking, cut a small rectangular sheet, put the butter and flour in the middle, slightly press down with your hand.
- Wrap the baking paper squarely, collecting the edges inward.
- Using a rolling pin, squeeze the oil, distributing it inside the paper, filling the square shape. Place the square with oil in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, sprinkle the table with flour and put the rest of the dough on the flour. Give it a ball shape.
- Using a knife, make cross-shaped incisions to half the dough.
- Open each part: you should get a kind of asterisk from four ends. Roll our sprocket to a thickness of 1 cm. Then roll each of the 4 ends finer than one centimeter.
- Put a square of chilled oil in the middle of the dough and wrap the edges, again giving the shape of a square. Do not forget to tighten the edges.
- With folded edges, roll the dough into a thin layer 1 cm thick.
- Gather the edges of the dough from two sides, leaving a small distance between them, then fold again in half - inward with the edges.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on the table again, lay out the dough and roll out, as in the previous time. Also wrap the edges to the center and fold in half. We send the dough into the refrigerator for another 30 minutes. We do this manipulation with the test two more times.
The dough is ready, now you can bake sweet fragrant buns from it.
You may find the whole process of preparing the dough a little complicated, but it is not. Long? Maybe. But simple? Fact!!!
Cook simple and affordable meals with Delicious. YouTube channel video to help you. See you on the pages of the best culinary blog: we still have a lot of interesting things. And next time, be sure to try the puff pastry rolls with chocolate filling and the puff pastries with cottage cheese.
Enjoy your meal!