Since childhood, I love caramel (toffee), but I never cooked them at home. I reviewed a bunch of recipes and settled on this. Do not be afraid that such a large composition. Thanks to spices, pumpkin caramel is tasty and fragrant.
- fat cream - 1 ½ cup;
- ground cinnamon - 1 ½ teaspoon;
- ground ginger - 1 ½ teaspoon;
- ground nutmeg - ½ teaspoon;
- ground oregano - ¼ teaspoon;
- ground cloves - ¼ teaspoon;
- butter - 120 grams;
- corn syrup - ½ cup;
- sugar - 2 glasses;
- pumpkin puree - ½ cup;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon.
Pumpkin caramel. Step by step recipe
- Mix cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, oregano, cloves. Add cream to spices and 60 grams of butter in a small saucepan. Put it on medium heat and bring to a boil, so that bubbles appear around the edges. Remove it from the fire, cover with a lid and put aside.
- Mix corn syrup with sugar in another saucepan and put on medium heat. We will stir until sugar dissolves, and bring to a boil. We will cover with a lid and let it boil for 4 minutes so that the sugar from the walls also dissolves.
- Remove the lid and put the culinary thermometer in the pan. We continue to cook sugar without interfering, until the temperature reaches 160 degrees. After carefully pour the warm cream into the hot sugar syrup, stirring constantly. The mixture will bubble and spatter, and the temperature will drop. After adding the cream, add the pumpkin puree.
- Cook the caramel, stirring often, so that it does not burn on the bottom. Cook until it reaches a temperature of 120 degrees. This will give it a soft consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining 60 grams of butter, salt and vanilla extract, mix well and pour into the prepared form.
- We prepare the form in advance. It should be covered with baking parchment and sprinkled with vegetable oil so that the caramel then leaves well.
- Leave to cool at room temperature for at least 4 hours or better at night. If you need to speed up the process, then put in the refrigerator for several hours.
- As it hardens, remove from the mold and cut into pieces. Wrap in baking paper and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
The aroma of this pumpkin caramel will give you indelible pleasure! And having bitten off a piece, it will seem to you that you are eating a divine pumpkin pie, not a candy. Especially your children will like it! "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! We suggest paying attention to pumpkin cooking options - this is a delicious pumpkin recipe and pumpkin cream.