I share the recipe for my mom’s quick pies, she’s just an ass. They are very airy, aromatic and deliciously delicious. When she bakes them, all the neighbors come running to us for an alluring smell, and a friendly tea party begins. Pies can be made with any filling, I offer an option with apples. And you decide for yourself what you want to put in the middle.
- milk - 0.5 liters;
- pressed yeast - 50 grams;
- flour - 1 kilogram;
- margarine - 70 grams;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- vegetable oil - 30 grams;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- vanilla sugar (vanillin) - to taste.
- apples - 3 pieces;
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon (to taste);
- sugar - 100 grams.
Quick pies. Step by step recipe
- Heat the milk to about 30 degrees, add yeast, salt, sugar, vanilla sugar. Mix everything until completely dissolved. Do not overdo it with sugar, hoping to make the dough sweeter - an excess of it makes the dough harder, and it may not rise and bake poorly.
- Sift the flour, add in small portions to the milk mixture, about 3-4 cups, knead the dough.
- Beat 2 eggs, melt the margarine and also add to the dough, knead until the dough starts to lag behind. When using margarine, the dough is more magnificent than when using oil.
- We cover with a towel, put in a warm place and begin to cook the filling: finely chop the apples, mix sugar with cinnamon. Do not add sugar to the apples immediately, as they will let their juice go ahead of time. It is better to put an apple in each pie and sprinkle with sugar, during baking it will completely dissolve, and the filling will remain more juicy.
- During the preparation of the filling, the dough will have time to come up. We spread it on the table, knead a little and roll out 1-1.5 centimeters thick and leave for another 5-10 minutes.
- Using a glass (glass) with a thin wall, we cut out identical workpieces, lay out the filling, form a pie, put on a baking sheet greased with sunflower oil. When making pies, dip your hands in vegetable oil so that the dough does not stick; and laying them on a baking sheet, dip the side part a little in the same oil so that the pies, if glued together during the baking process, could easily separate from each other.
- Beat the egg and coat the top of the pies with a brush.
- We put in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 25-30 minutes. After the time has passed, turn off the oven and leave it to brew for another 5-7 minutes.
- We take out, wash ”them, sprinkling them with water a little, cover with a towel. Our pies are ready!
The whole process takes about an hour, maybe a little more. This is sometimes faster than getting dressed and going to the store. But you won’t buy such yummy there. The pies are very lush, soft, tasty, that just not enough strength to hold on!
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try pies with apples according to your grandmother's recipe and pies with poppy seeds in the oven.