So much delicious and quick can be prepared from puff pastry. Here the question arises more about the quality and availability of the store puff pastry itself. Very often it is thawed and frozen several times in stores, respectively, this baking does not delaminate well, it doesn’t turn out as lush, crunchy as it should. In addition, the price of such a product bites a little. Therefore, I found the perfect recipe for making yeast-free puff pastry at home: it cooks very quickly (literally 7-10 minutes), the baked goods turn out to be layered, lush, crunchy - that’s what you need. In addition, this is a very budget option. Together with “I love to cook” we will make instant yeast puff pastry and bake the same fast and very simple “tongues” at home.
- margarine "Puff" - 300 grams;
- flour - 720-750 grams;
- kefir - 250 milliliters;
- egg - 1 piece;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon (to taste).
For puff "Reeds":
- puffless yeast dough;
- sugar for sprinkling - 1-2 tablespoons;
- yolk for lubrication - 1 piece.
Quick puff pastry. Step by step recipe
- Put margarine in advance for 2-3 hours in the freezer. Please note that Puff margarine has a very high percentage of fat content (80%) compared to others, so I would not recommend replacing it. But if you suddenly could not find one, then try to choose the most bold option. The greater the percentage of fat content, the more airy, flaky pastries are obtained.
- Sift flour, grate frozen margarine into it, periodically mixing with flour. You should get butter crumbs.
- Further on the recipe: separately mix kefir, egg and salt (all products should be cold), whisk everything until smooth. Take salt to taste: for myself, I determined 0.5 teaspoon.
- We add liquid ingredients in 3-4 doses to the flour crumbs and knead well each time. We do all this fast enough so that the ingredients do not heat up.
- When the dough begins to gather in a lump, put it on a flat plane and knead it on this surface. Try not to knead for a long time: it will be enough to collect everything in one homogeneous lump. The result should be an elastic, not too steep mass. If it sticks to your hands, then add a little flour, if on the contrary, it’s too steep - a little kefir.
- Wrap a wad of dough with cling film and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or better at night. If you have prepared the dough for the future, then you can put it in the freezer in tightly wrapped polyethylene. Storage conditions: at temperatures below 18 degrees, you can store up to 6 months, if your freezer can withstand the highest temperature - then it is better to spend it in 3-4 months. Just pay attention: if you thawed it, then it is not subject to repeated freezing. Keep this in mind for the future and it is better to divide the dough into the necessary pieces in advance.
- To prepare puff "Tongues", roll out the dough from the refrigerator 0.5-0.7 centimeters thick on a work surface lightly sprinkled with flour. Cut it into rectangles 4x6 centimeters: or other sizes.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Beat the yolk with 1 teaspoon of water (to make it convenient to apply) and brush the rectangles with a brush, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200-220 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
Tasty, rosy "Tongues" from our yeast-free puff pastry dough is already on the table. They are multi-layered, lush, crunchy, and when you bite, they immediately crumble in your mouth - really, very tasty. I offered the simplest version of baking from our dough. And you, at your discretion, can cook various puff delicacies, the recipes of which can be easily found on "I like to cook" and also just cook at home.
Enjoy your meal!