An indispensable attribute of a real Easter table, with a centuries-old tradition of cooking - is a royal Easter curd. Easter on choux pastry is very tender, with a delicate aroma of citrus and vanilla. Almonds and raisins only complement the insanely tender cottage cheese and give Easter a unique taste. Snow-white, bright, truly festive treats will truly become a royal decoration of the holiday.
- one kilogram of cottage cheese (except fat-free, but better - homemade);
- a pinch of salt;
- 200 grams of granulated sugar;
- 150 grams of soft butter;
- 250 grams of sour cream with a fat content of 20%;
- three chicken eggs;
- two teaspoons of vanilla sugar;
- 150 grams of light raisins;
- 100 grams of peeled and chopped almonds;
- zest with one lemon.
Royal cottage cheese Easter. Step by step recipe
- Cottage cheese (it is better to use homemade, or store-bought with a high degree of fat content), wipe through a sieve, add a pinch of salt and sugar. With a mixer (or manually) we rub everything well.
- Cottage cheese can also be chopped in a blender or minced.
- Continuing to grind, pour the melted chilled butter and sour cream (it is better to take with a high percentage of fat content so that Easter does not turn out acidic).
- Without stopping the grinding, add the eggs (one at a time). When the mass becomes homogeneous (after 4-5 minutes), transfer it to a pan with a thick bottom (or in a saucepan). We put on the fire and, constantly stirring, wait for the first bubbles to appear.
- Please note: the curd mass should in no case boil.
- We put the pan on ice (put it in a large cup) and grind until the curd mass cools down.
- Add vanilla sugar, whole raisins (it is better to use light), peeled and chopped almonds, and zest of one lemon to the cooled mass for tsar’s Easter (try to rub only the upper, yellow part, because white is bitter). Mix with a spatula.
- We cover the pasochnitsa with wet gauze (preferably in two or three layers), and spread the curd mass. Cover with gauze and place in a deep bowl. We put oppression on the cottage cheese: a plate of a suitable size, and on it - a liter jar of water.
- If there is no pasochnitsa, you can use any plastic utensils of a suitable shape (new flower pot, cup). Just pre-make holes in the bottom of the dish: so that the liquid can drain.
- We send the whole structure to the refrigerator, for a day. The resulting liquid is periodically drained.
- After a day, we get Easter out of the refrigerator, turn the pasochnitsa onto a plate, remove gauze.
- We decorate the royal cottage cheese Easter with candied fruits, slices of citrus fruits, berries - as the fantasy tells.
The delicate creamy taste of custard curd Easter will become even more refined if you decorate it with shavings of white chocolate.
In fact, there are many recipes for making curd Easter. It is prepared both raw and choux: so everyone can choose their own recipe on our site “I like to cook.” Congratulations on the upcoming Easter holiday and wish you a spring mood.