Cake "Saint-Honore" is a real masterpiece of culinary art, because it combines two types of dough, vanilla cream and delicate caramel. The task, of course, is not an easy one, it will be necessary to spend about two hours, but it is worth it, because this dessert has a true royal look, which you can repeat in your kitchen with “I Love Cooking”.
For shortcrust pastry:
- butter - 120 grams;
- flour - 150 grams;
- raw yolk - 1 piece;
- water - 2 teaspoons;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon.
For choux pastry:
- eggs - 5 pieces;
- sugar - 230 grams;
- milk - 1 cup;
- vanilla sugar - 4 grams;
- gelatin - 15 grams;
- water - 70 milliliters;
- cognac - 3 tablespoons;
- starch - 30 grams.
For creamy cream:
- cream 35% - 250 milliliters;
- thickener for cream - 1 sachet;
- sugar - 6 tablespoons.
- sugar - 200 grams;
- water - 80 grams;
Cake "Saint-Honore". Step by step recipe
- For the custard dough, bring the water to a boil, toss butter and salt, screw on a small fire. Add the flour and mix intensively, hold for a couple of minutes on fire.
- Cool slightly so that the eggs do not curl. And add one egg, knead, then add the rest of the eggs.
- Next, take the shortbread dough.
- Mix flour with baking powder, add oil and make small crumbs with a knife or hands. Add one yolk and knead the dough.
- If not molded, pour 2 tablespoons of water.
- Knead the dough and leave in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Our cake will be round, so roll out our shortbread dough in a circle.
- Squeeze the choux pastry over the rings with a pastry syringe. From the custard dough that remains, it is necessary to form small round cakes, like eclairs.
- And bake our dough in a preheated oven to 200 degrees for twenty minutes.
- Then tighten the oven 160 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove and cool.
- We undertake to prepare the cream. Proteins must be separated from the yolks.
- Add starch, vanilla sugar and 150 grams of sugar to the yolks, grind.
- Add lukewarm milk and bring to a boil over a fire, stirring vigorously.
- As soon as the cream begins to boil, pour it into a deep container and leave to cool.
- Soak gelatin in water, put on fire, add 50 grams of sugar and boil, stirring vigorously.
- We leave the finished mixture in a container with warm water so that it does not cool. Beat whites in lush foam, slowly pour in the gelatin. Continue whisking until lush. Mix whipped whites with custard and add cognac. Shuffle.
- Next, make a cream. Beat cream with a mixer with sugar and thickener. Cream fill the cakes and rings. Cook caramel.
- Mix the water with sugar, bring the mixture to a boil, remove the film that appears.
- We achieve an amber shade and remove from heat, lower it into a container with cold water. Dip our round cakes in caramel and glue on the rings around the perimeter.
- The center of the cake is filled with custard. Leave to soak overnight.
The Saint-Honore cake recipe is known all over the world, it is prepared by the best chefs in their pastry shops, so I suggest you make such a cake and surprise all guests with a chic dessert. And be sure to try the cake that drives you crazy and the Cheerful Bee cake.
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit!