A simple and tasty lemon pie I recently prepared according to a recipe that I saw on the Internet. The result exceeded all my expectations: shortbread, crunchy dough rolled into thin cakes, combined with a delicate lemon filling that gives the cake a pleasant sourness - it's just the perfect taste. On top of the pie with lemon filling is covered with an airy, weightless meringue crown and looks like a work of culinary art.
- flour - 200 grams;
- butter - 120 grams;
- chilled water - 2-3 tablespoons;
- salt is a pinch.
- granulated sugar - 200 grams;
- lemon juice - 110 milliliters;
- zest with lemons - 2 pieces;
- potato starch - 3 tablespoons;
- flour - 2 tablespoons;
- water - 300 milliliters;
- egg yolk - 4 pieces;
- butter - 60 grams.
- egg white - 3 pieces;
- icing sugar - 150 grams.
Simple and delicious lemon pie tart. Step by step recipe
- Cooking the dough for the base of a simple lemon pie. To do this, wheat flour must be sifted through a sieve, a little salt, add room temperature oil. Grind into crumbs. Add water, mix all the ingredients thoroughly and knead the dough.
- Tip. Water should be chilled so that the oil does not melt further.
- We form a round lump from the dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and send it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes: so that the oil cools down a bit and the dough lends itself well to further processing.
- In the meantime, prepare a lemon filling for our delicious and simple pie.
- For the filling, you need to separate the yolks from the proteins. How to do this quickly and efficiently, you can find out by going to our website “I Love Cooking”.
- With well-washed and dried lemons, remove the zest.
- Tip. It is necessary to remove only the top layer of lemon skin - yellow. It contains the largest amount of aromatic oils.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon, filter it so that the bones do not fall.
- Grate sugar, lemon juice and zest in a separate saucepan. Add potato starch and flour. Mix everything so that there are no lumps, and at the end add water.
- Put the saucepan, with ingredients for lemon cream, on the fire and gradually bring to a thickening.
- Tip. The cream will begin to thicken during cooking, so it must be constantly stirred.
- Separately, slightly beat the yolks and add to them a portion of the cooked cream, mix and send to the pan to the rest of the cream. Mix everything again. Bring the cream to a boil.
- Add oil and mix: lemon cream pie is ready.
- We roll the cooled and infused dough on a smooth surface (gradually adding flour) into a cake cake up to 0.5 centimeters thick.
- We lay the finished cake in the baking dish, evenly distribute it over the entire surface and form the sides.
- We pierce the dough for a simple lemon pie with a fork. We make punctures so that the dough does not rise during baking, but sticks tightly to the walls and bottom of the mold (or baking sheet).
- We cover the cake with parchment and put a load on it: also so that the dough does not rise. As cargo, you can use beans, peas or other heavy and loose cereals.
- Bake the cake at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes.
- Then we remove the load, and send the dough to bake for the same time. After the first quarter of an hour in the oven, the cake has already been fixed and will not be deformed anymore: therefore, beans can be removed as cargo and allow the pastry for the pie to bake well from above.
- Fill the baked dough with lemon cream.
- We are preparing a meringue. Add the powdered sugar to the proteins, put the container with the proteins in a water bath and beat with a mixer: until a thick, stable foam is formed. Water heating should be minimal.
- We spread the protein “cap” on top of the cream of lemons. Beautifully form the top of the pie.
- We put a simple and tasty lemon pie in the oven for 3-5 minutes. The temperature in the oven should be high - 250 degrees Celsius. The meringue should lightly brown.
A wonderful lemon pie, cooked by yourself at home, is in no way inferior to those pies that are sold in the best pastry shops. Its appearance withstands any competition, and taste will delight even the most sophisticated gourmets. Cook with the site “I like to cook”: and you will always be at the top of culinary art.