Today we will prepare a simple Twix cookie that is perfect for snacks and will win your hearts! This cookie is loved by many, but few have thought about how to make homemade Twix. Cooking cookies at home is very easy: it won’t take too long. It is very simple to please your loved ones with a tempting taste and pleasant aroma - you just need to make a home-made “Twix”.
- flour - 70 grams;
- icing sugar - 30 grams;
- egg - 1 piece (yolk);
- butter - 40 grams;
- sour cream - 1 tablespoon;
- a pinch of salt.
- condensed milk - 200 grams;
- butter - 20 grams.
- milk chocolate - 100 grams.
Simple Twix cookies. Step by step recipe
As you know, Twix cookies consist of three layers: 1 layer - the base of cookies made from chopped shortcrust pastry, 2 layer - caramel, 3 layer - chocolate icing. To start, step by step we will prepare the basis of our cookies: chopped shortcrust pastry.
- Add a pinch of salt and powdered sugar to the flour.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Sift the slide on the board.
- Dice well chilled butter.
- Add the cubes of oil to the flour.
- Butter, along with flour, is well chopped into crumbs.
- You can knead the dough in a blender, using a mixer or with your hands: but do it very quickly so that the butter does not have time to melt (otherwise it will melt quickly in the oven and the base for the cookies will be dry).
- When the butter mixed well with the flour, add one yolk and mix well.
- Now it’s the turn to add sour cream and mix everything, creating a dough. The dough is yellow, it molds very well with your hands, and inside it looks like wet crumbs.
- We lay out the dough for Twix cookies in a form covered with parchment paper and tamp. My shape is 22 centimeters in diameter. If you have a larger form, then the amount of ingredients needs to be proportionally increased.
- Tip: to make the dough even, we take it out of the baking sheet along with the paper and use the rolling pin to make our homemade dough even. Then the dough is returned back to the form.
- We put the form in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. The finished dough needs to be very well cooled and carefully pricked with a fork: so that during baking it does not rise, but is smooth.
- We send the cooled cookie base to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees: for 20 minutes.
- We leave the finished cookie base until completely cooled in shape.
- In a stainless steel with a thick bottom, melt the butter.
- Pour the condensed milk into the melted butter. Tip: for caramel, be sure to buy condensed milk of very good quality.
- Mix well and bring to a boil, after lowering the temperature. Cook the caramel with constant stirring for about 30 minutes. Time depends on the pan, the amount of milk and the temperature at which cook. It is very important not to digest the caramel: then, in cookies, it will be very hard. If you do not cook it, it will be very liquid.
- We cover the base for cookies with caramel, spreading it evenly on the surface.
Glaze is made as follows.
- In a water bath, melt the chocolate.
- When the chocolate has almost melted, we turn off the plate and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour melted chocolate onto caramel and spread evenly on the surface.
- Form with ready-made homemade Twix cookies, cover with cling film and leave in the refrigerator for 2 hours to cool.
- We take it out of the refrigerator and, without removing the film, leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes. This is to make cookies easier to cut, and there is no condensation on the chocolate.
- Cut the cookies and spread on a plate.
That's all: these ingredients should make 370 grams of insanely tender and delicious Twix cookies, which are much better than store cookies. As you can see, this version of the home recipe is easy and easy to prepare. Your children, and you yourself, will be delighted with the unearthly taste of cookies. The site "I like to cook" wishes you a pleasant tea party and new, no less interesting recipes!