I propose to cook a very interesting, completely unusual dessert today - “Smart” cake. The process of preparation and, most importantly - the result, my daughter really likes: therefore, we often cook it together. Indeed, in the oven we put a homogeneous dough, and take out a soft biscuit from the milk flavor with a delicate cream, topped with an air souffle. A very successful and organic flavor combination of such a pie with jam: for example, orange or currant. The delicate creamy taste of the biscuit cake and the bright, sweet and sour jam are the perfect combination. If you are curious: prepare a delicious biscuit cake with cream with us.
- baked milk - 500 milliliters;
- eggs - 4 pieces;
- butter - 125 grams;
- granulated sugar - 125 grams;
- flour - 120 grams;
- vanilla sugar or vanilla extract — 15 grams;
- cinnamon powder - 0.5 teaspoons;
- salt to taste.
Smart cake. Step by step recipe
- It is necessary to separate the egg whites from the yolks, and grind the yolks with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- We heat the oil in a small pan, cool a little and put it into the crushed yolks.
- Tip. It is better not to add hot oil to the yolks, otherwise they will brew.
- Separately, flour, along with cinnamon, must be sifted through a sieve. Add to the butter and egg mixture and knead the dough.
- Pour the baked milk into the dough and mix everything again. The test for our biscuit cake turns out, by consistency, like thick sour cream.
- Separately, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt: until a thick white foam.
- Tip. If the proteins are pre-cooled, they will hatch faster. The dishes in which you will whip the proteins should be perfectly dry: because excess moisture prevents them from turning into foam. I recommend first whisking for several minutes at low speed, and then switch to fast.
- In parts, we introduce the egg foam into our cake dough and mix gently with a spatula. We do this carefully so that the foam does not settle.
- Tip. So that after cooking the cake does not have an egg flavor, you can add a tablespoon of alcohol in the dough: for example, cognac or vodka.
- Grease a baking sheet or mold with a piece of butter. You can also use margarine for lubrication.
- Pour the dough onto a baking sheet and bake until tender (about 45-60 minutes), at a temperature of 160 degrees Celsius.
- If the baked cake is a little stuck to the baking sheet, you can slightly pry it with a knife.
- Cut home-made cakes into portions and before serving, you can crush with powdered sugar or garnish with berries and mint leaves.
- Also, orange or currant jam is ideal for decoration.
The peculiarity of this “smart” cake is that all the simple and ordinary ingredients for making the dough need to be mixed together. But as a result of baking, they are stratified, and a three-layer cake is obtained, the bottom layer of which is a biscuit, the middle is a custard, and the top is a gentle weightless souffle. Cook with our site “I love to cook” and each of your dishes will be original and unique.