My son just loves the Snickers chocolate bar, but sweets that are not always bought are useful, so I found a homemade sneakers recipe on the Internet. I improved it a little and I know for sure which ingredients I put there. Now my children enjoy only healthy homemade sweets. Try these homemade sweets too: you will see that your sweet tooth will definitely like them.
- peanuts - 200 grams;
- granulated sugar - 300 grams (for milk caramel) +50 grams (for nougat);
- confectionery glucose - 200 grams (for milk caramel) +100 grams (for nougat)
- cream 20% - 400 milliliters;
- butter - 15 grams;
- salt - 5-7 grams;
- honey - 50 grams;
- water - 100 milliliters;
- egg white - 2 pieces;
- peanut butter - 15 grams;
- milk chocolate - 300 grams.
Home Snickers. Step by step recipe
A home-made Snickers chocolate bar contains many nuts: namely, peanuts. Therefore, it is satisfying and helpful.
- First, peanuts need to be dried and roasted a little in the oven: at a temperature of 180 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Then you need to peel peanuts and chop it with a knife. For homemade sneakers, peanuts should not be crushed into flour.
The next step in the preparation will be soft milk caramel.
- We need to pour granulated sugar into the pan and pour the cream into it. For this recipe, you can take cream of 20% fat.
- Bring the creamy mixture to a boil and add the confectionery glucose there.
- Continue to boil the mixture to 110 degrees, then turn off the heat. Caramel should become thick and viscous.
- Add butter and a little salt to hot caramel: it gives the caramel an interesting, somewhat spicy taste.
- Add half the peanuts to our caramel constituent fillings, mix well and leave to cool completely.
- To do this, pour honey and glucose into the pan, add granulated sugar and dilute with water.
- We will get a viscous mixture that needs to be mixed all the time, otherwise it will quickly burn. Next, bring the nougat to a boil, boil for five minutes and remove from the stove.
- With a mixer, we begin to whip two egg whites into the foam. Add a little salt to the proteins: this will give the nougat a taste and help the proteins quickly turn into foam.
Tip. In order for the proteins to beat well in a stable foam, they must first be cooled.
- Gradually, without stopping whipping the squirrels, we add to them the syrup, which we prepared as a preparation for nougat: it should be hot. Beat up until a very thick white mass is formed.
- Reduce the mixer speed a bit and add the peanut butter and remaining nuts.
- Between two sheets of parchment paper we spread milk caramel and, using a rolling pin, roll out a caramel layer 1-1.5 centimeters thick.
- Remove parchment from above and spread the nougat on top of the caramel, carefully and evenly level it, let it dry for two days in a cool, dry place.
- After two days, the nougat dries a little, then it must be put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Then, with a very sharp knife, we cut our blanks for homemade sweets into pieces of size 2 by 8 centimeters.
- Now it remains only to cover the blanks with chocolate: to make homemade sneakers, we take milk chocolate.
- After breaking it into pieces, melt the chocolate in a water bath: for this, gradually stirring, heat the chocolate to 40-43 degrees.
- In preheated chocolate we put pieces of solid chocolate and mix until it melts. This must be done so that the chocolate that the home snickers will cover does not immediately melt in the hands. This process is called tempering. It helps cocoa butter crystals, which are part of chocolate, acquire a steel form. After this process, chocolate coated products become more resistant to temperatures and acquire a beautiful glossy shine.
- Then dip the blanks of nougat and caramel in chocolate. We allow excess chocolate to drain, then put the finished candies on parchment paper. Let the homemade chocolate candies finally cool.
- The original recipe uses peanuts, but I experimented several times with other nuts - hazelnuts and almonds. It turned out very tasty too.
Ready-made homemade sweets are very tasty and beautiful: they will become a good treat for any children's holiday. Children instantly scatter them, so don’t worry: you won’t have to save them for a long time. What else is interesting and tasty can be prepared for children, see the site "I like to cook."