My family is delighted with home baking. The recipe for making custard rolls I saw on a video on the Internet. Spanish buns made from pastry yeast are tender and incredibly tasty. A custard will give the buns a special taste and appetite. Today, along with “I love to cook,” I want to share a recipe for making custard rolls.
- milk - 300 milliliters;
- vanilla pod - 1 piece;
- egg yolks - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 60 grams;
- corn starch - 20 grams;
for the test
- water - 120 milliliters;
- fresh yeast - 30 grams;
- sugar - 50 grams;
- egg - 1 piece;
- flour - 300 grams;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- salt - 2.5 grams.
Custard buns. Step by step recipe
- Combine water and fresh yeast. Whisk well with a whisk so that the yeast dissolves in the water.
- Then add sugar to the yeast water and beat well again so that the sugar melts.
- Then you need to add flour, vegetable oil and an egg. Knead the dough with a silicone spatula.
- After a small batch, add salt to the dough and continue to knead the dough.
- The dough should be soft. We place it under a plastic wrap and leave it for baking for 30-40 minutes.
- To make custard, you need to take the stewpan, pour in the milk and put on the stove.
- Add the seeds from the vanilla pod to the milk. Bring the milk to a boil. I replaced the vanilla pod with vanilla.
- In a bowl, combine two yolks, sugar and starch. Mix everything with a whisk. I want to add from myself that I did not add starch to the cream, but ordinary wheat flour.
- When the milk boils, then you need to pour half the milk with a thin stream into the yolks constantly stirring.
- Then we put the stewpan with the second half of milk on the stove and now we pour the starch mixture into a stewpan in a thin stream. Constantly, stirring vigorously. When the cream begins to bubble a little, remove from heat.
- We take out the soft, elastic dough from the cling film and divide it into approximately equal parts.
- Grease the table with butter and take a piece of dough and stretch it. In more detail how to do this, you can look at the video.
- Put custard on the dough and roll up a roll-shaped bun. And with a roll we make a snail. The video shows very clearly how to do this.
- We cover the baking sheet with parchment and put the buns. Buns leave for 10 minutes.
- We bake at a temperature of 180 degrees with convection for 20 minutes.
- If desired, ready-cooled buns can be sprinkled with powder. As for me, then the buns look prettier.
Spanish buns are so porous and layered that they just melt in your mouth. I cooked such buns somehow with chocolate paste, it turned out very tasty. These buns are very versatile, because you can use different fillings - pumpkin, apples, cinnamon. They are tasty both in warm and in cold form. Their taste is simply amazing. I share my recipes with you on the “I like to cook” portal. I have a lot of interesting things for you.