Easy to prepare and fabulously delicious cake can be baked from the available ingredients. Soft, airy dough, saturated with currant cream, turns out to be very delicate in taste. The cream that I propose to smear the cake is called Kurd. This dessert is prepared from berries or fruits, eggs, sugar and butter. Frozen berries are also suitable for currant Kurd. It is better to cook biscuit dough for a cake with butter, so the cakes will not taste dry. In the dough of this baking, if desired, you can add 2 tbsp. l cocoa, not only the color of the cakes will change, but also their taste. Homemade sponge cake recipe, a real find in order to quickly and deliciously prepare a festive dessert for tea. All secrets are shown in step-by-step preparation of sponge cake with currant cream with photo.
Ingredients for making biscuit cake with currant cream
|For the test|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Vanilla sugar||10 g|
|Black currant||150 g|
Step-by-step preparation of sponge cake with currant cream with photo
- Softened butter, for dough only 140 g, grind with 100 g of sugar. You can use a mixer.
- Drive 3 eggs into the oil mass and mix again.
- Mix the sifted flour with baking powder and vanilla sugar. Add the flour gradually to the liquid ingredients and knead the dough until the lumps disappear. If there is no baking powder, replace it with hydrated soda.
- Lubricate the shape or cover it with parchment paper, which in turn also needs to be greased.
- Pour the dough into a mold. The smaller the diameter of the mold, the higher the cake will be.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake a biscuit for about 30 minutes.
- When the biscuit has cooled, cut it into two round cakes.
- To prepare currant cream, pour fresh or frozen berries in a saucepan, pour sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook them for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- It should be a thick jam. Instead of berries and sugar, you can use ready-made jam.
- Now the jam must be grated through a sieve to separate the juice from the seeds and peels. Add one whole egg and yolk to the syrup. Whisk everything with a whisk.
- Place a saucepan with berry syrup on a small fire, add 60 g of oil and cook until thickened for about 4-5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- With currant cream, first coat the lower cake.
- Cover the cake with the top cake and generously coat it, as well as the sides with cream.
- Garnish the sides of the cake with crumbs. Leave the cake to soak in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Sponge cake can be decorated with berries, coconut or chocolate. Enjoy your meal!