I tried an amazing lemon-strawberry cake once in a cafe - and I wanted to cook it at home. And I got a very tender, incredibly tasty, with a pleasant sourness cake, which has bright strawberry notes. This cake consists of air cream, soft biscuit, berry and basil jam. Time for cooking, of course, you will have to spend a lot, but I assure you - the result will exceed all your expectations.
For the test:
- granulated sugar - 30 grams;
- corn starch - 0.5 tablespoon;
- whole grain flour - 30 grams;
- salt - a pinch;
- lemon juice - 0.5 tablespoons;
- egg - 1 piece;
- lemon zest - 0.5 teaspoon.
For strawberry confiture with basil:
- fresh or frozen strawberries - 100 grams;
- lemon juice - 2 teaspoons;
- granulated sugar - 30 grams;
- fresh basil - 5-7 leaves;
- instant gelatin - 5 grams.
For strawberry cream mousse:
- granulated sugar - 50 grams;
- Strawberry puree - 150 grams;
- juice from lemon - 35 milliliters;
- gelatin - 7.5 grams;
- cream 33% fat - 150 milliliters.
For lemon cream mousse:
- lemon juice - 70 milliliters;
- yolks - 3 pieces;
- sugar - 250 grams;
- lemon zest - 1.5 teaspoons;
- squirrels - 3 pieces
- gelatin - 12 grams;
- white chocolate - 50 grams;
- cream - 180 milliliters.
A striking lemon and strawberry cake. Step by step recipe
- Beat the egg with sugar until lush foam is formed.
- Pour corn starch, pre-sifted flour and vanilla for taste to the sugar-egg mixture.
- Remove the lemon peel from the washed lemon. We use only the yellow part of the peel, we try not to hook the white layer: otherwise it will add bitterness to the dish. Squeeze juice out of the remaining citrus and filter through a strainer so that no seeds fall.
- Knead the dough with a silicone spatula and pour into the mold.
- Tip. To prepare a lemon-strawberry mousse cake, we will need to use two types of baking dishes: eighteen and sixteen centimeters in diameter.
- Cover the bottom of a smaller form and pour the dough with a lemon flavor.
- Sent to bake in the oven for ten minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cooking confiture. In a bowl of a blender we send strawberries, previously washed and peeled from the stems. You can use both fresh and frozen berries. From the branches of fresh basil we tear off the leaves and put them in strawberries. We interrupt everything into a mashed mass.
- We shift the strawberry-basil puree into the saucepan, pour sugar, pour in the lemon juice and heat on the stove until the sugar dissolves.
- Soak the gelatin in cold boiled water, leave until completely swollen.
- We transfer to the heated, but not hot, mashed swollen gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- We take out the baked biscuit for the lemon-strawberry cake. Cover the form with plastic wrap and lay the cake again in the same form. Pour basil and strawberry confiture from above and send it to the freezer so that it freezes well.
- Cooking strawberry cream mousse. Mixed pureed strawberries are mixed with sugar and lemon juice. Dissolve loose components and add swollen gelatin. And again, we bring all the components to homogeneity.
- Beat with a mixer the chilled fat cream. Gently introduce them into the strawberry-gelatin mass.
- Pour the cream mousse into a smaller diameter form (the same in which the cake was prepared). Sent to the cold.
- We proceed to the preparation of lemon cream. Separate the yolks from the proteins. To the yolks we add freshly squeezed lemon juice along with the zest, white granulated sugar. We put on the stove and bring to a light thickening.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and put it into the lemon-yolk mixture.
- After cooling a little, we introduce gelatin, which is swollen.
- Chilled proteins are slightly salted and whipped into a lush foam.
- We make a meringue. Separately, in a saucepan, cook half a glass of sugar along with three tablespoons of water. Pour the hot syrup into the protein mass, without stopping the mixer.
- The lush mass is transferred to lemon kurd and mixed. Add pre-whipped cream.
- We collect lemon-strawberry cake. In a larger diameter, parchment covered with parchment, pour half the lemon cream, then put the strawberry mousse, and again - a layer of cream.
- Tip. You need to collect the cake quickly, because the gelatin quickly sets.
- We spread the cake with confiture on top. We put it in the freezer for four hours.
- When the cake has completely hardened, cover it with a mirror glaze. The recipe and method for the preparation of glaze, you can find on our site "Very tasty."
Cook with us and surprise your loved ones with new, tasty and unusual dishes. On our site you will find many interesting recipes for excellent dishes, learn secrets that will facilitate your stay in the kitchen, and your loved ones will not cease to amaze your dishes and admire you.