The taste of the Sverdlovsk puff has been familiar to many since childhood: it is also called the most famous bun of the Soviet Union. After all, before they were sold everywhere, on every corner, and now any housewife can cook this fragrant butter bun at home. Greetings from childhood - Sverdlovsk bun-puff - very tender, soft and aromatic. Will appeal to both adults and children.
- wheat flour - 450-500 grams + 60 grams for sprinkling;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 60 grams + 80 grams (for layering) +40 grams (for sprinkling);
- water - 150 milliliters;
- milk - 100 milliliters;
- dry yeast - 4 grams;
- salt - 0.3 teaspoon;
- vanilla sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- butter - 140 grams (for layering) + 40 grams (for sprinkling).
Sverdlovsk puff. Step by step recipe
- First you need to dilute the yeast with 20 milliliters of water. In the original recipe, pressed yeast is taken (they will need three times more), but this does not matter: it is convenient for anyone.
- Separately mix sugar, salt and vanilla sugar with the remaining water and stir until completely dissolved.
- In a small bowl, you need to loosen the eggs, so that half the egg goes to grease the puffs, and a half to the dough.
- In the sifted flour, we make a small depression and pour sugar and salt dissolved in water, loosened chicken eggs, milk and diluted yeast there. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Next, put the dough on a floured surface and begin to knead well with your hands. The dough should stick off your hands, but be soft, not “clogged”.
- Round the dough, put into the dishes, cover with a napkin. We let it brew for 1.5 hours and grow in volume (about two times).
- When the dough is suitable, roll it with a rolling pin into a layer 2-2.5 cm thick
- Separately, we take butter softened to room temperature, half of which is spread on a sheet of rolled dough of a future homemade bun and sprinkled with half the sugar intended for the layer. 2/3 of the whole layer should be plastered.
- Then we put the dough in three layers, first we apply the non-smeared part, and then on top - greased.
- The edges of the dough layer are well plucked so that the butter from the rolls-puffs does not leak when baking. And roll out to a thickness of 1.5 centimeters.
- Roll out the dough for the Sverdlovsk puff with a “book”: so that the edges are in the middle. And fold it again.
- We cover the finished blank for homemade puff pastry rolls and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After removing the dough from the refrigerator, roll it again and grease with the remaining butter and sugar.
- We wrap the dough layer in the same way as after the first layer.
- Putting the dough in the refrigerator is no longer necessary. Simply roll to a thickness of 1.5-2 centimeters and cut into squares measuring 10 by 10 centimeters.
- The edges of each square are collected to the center in the form of envelopes.
- Formed puff buns, put on a greased baking sheet in centimeter from each other and leave them to come.
- Separately, we make powder for our homemade Sverdlovsk puffs: for this we grind flour, sugar and butter. The oil should be well chilled.
- When the puff pastries come up, they should be greased with a beaten egg and sprinkled with dust on top.
- We bake Sverdlovsk puffs in a well-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
Sverdlovsk puffs that you cook at home turn out to be very soft and unusually fragrant. They remind you of the taste of childhood, go well with milk and tea. It will be delicious with any jam. The site “I Love Cooking” wishes everyone a pleasant appetite: with light notes of childhood memories.