Like the spring sun, the same yellow, soft, delicate and very beautiful - sweet pumpkin bread! This is the best bread I've ever tasted. It tastes very much like Easter cake, but it cooks faster (without dough), less greasy and high-calorie, and even a healthy pumpkin in it - what else is needed for happiness! Let's not languish in the idea of taste, look in the bins for pumpkin leftovers (I have frozen) and bake this divine homemade bread! And how to cook it from pumpkin puree, I will tell you on "I love to cook."
- baked pumpkin - 150 grams;
- water - 120 milliliters;
- pressed yeast - 20 grams;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons;
- flour - 400 grams;
- raisins, dried apricots - 50 grams each.
For sugar water:
- boiled water - 100 milliliters;
- sugar - 1.5-2 tablespoons.
Sweet pumpkin bread. Step by step recipe
- Add the still hot baked pumpkin and beat it with a blender until it is mashed. And leave to cool to a warm state.
- In warm water (35-40 degrees) add sugar, yeast, stir until dissolved and leave for 7-10 minutes to open the yeast.
- Add warm to yeast (not hot mashed potatoes, so as not to kill the yeast bacteria), pour in vegetable oil, mix.
- Pour the sifted flour in small portions, mix well. The result is a slightly sticky, very soft (I would call semi-liquid) dough. Depending on the flour and the consistency of pumpkin puree, your flour may go a little more or less.
- Raisins and dried apricots must be prepared in advance: rinse and soak in water at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, then drain the liquid and dry the fruits lightly on a paper towel. Cut them into small pieces.
- Add dried fruits to the dough and mix well.
- Sprinkle the dough with flour so that it covers with a thin layer the surface of our batch (approximately 1 tablespoon), cover with a towel and set in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours. During the proofing, it is necessary to knead it once: after about 30-40 minutes, as set.
- We knead the dough that came up a second time, then knead it on a table sprinkled with flour: until it starts to lag behind hands.
- We divide the dough into 3 strips and weave them in the form of a pigtail. If you wish, you can come up with a different shape for your pumpkin bread.
- We spread the bread on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper, greased with vegetable oil. Cover with a linen towel and leave to approach: for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 200 degrees (20-25 minutes), until browning. So that the bread does not burn, I put a bowl of water on the bottom of the oven.
- Lubricate the finished, still hot bread with sugar water (mix warm water and sugar) - it immediately becomes brilliant, and the crust turns soft and sweet.
- Cover pumpkin sweet bread with a linen towel and leave to cool completely.
Delicious pumpkin bread is ready! The dough is so soft and tender that you don’t even have to bite it: just press a piece with your lips - it will melt. You can dream up and add other dried fruits or chocolate chips instead of dried apricots and raisins. I added sesame seeds and flax seeds - I really liked it. Such bread for breakfast for tea is a boost of energy before lunch. Join us on “I Love Cooking”: bake and eat for health!
Enjoy your meal!