Probably, each of us has a classic recipe for oatmeal cookies to recall the taste of childhood. Sweet, crispy, with a pleasant taste of cinnamon and vanilla - and a beautiful baked crust. I propose to recall once again the real taste of childhood and bake oatmeal cookies according to the classic recipe. Such cookies are especially tasty combined with homemade milk.
- whole wheat flour - 175 grams;
- water - 50 milliliters;
- granulated sugar - 160 grams;
- oatmeal - 75 grams;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon;
- salt to taste;
- cinnamon - 0.5 teaspoon;
- light raisins - 26 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams;
- butter - 85 grams.
Classic oatmeal cookies. Step by step recipe
- To make oatmeal cookies, you need to make oatmeal from oatmeal. To do this, grind the flakes in a blender to a powdery state.
- Pour sugar, vanilla sugar or vanilla extract into a deep bowl, a little cinnamon (which will give the baking a pleasant aroma), butter, previously softened to room temperature, and raisins.
- Tip. To make oatmeal cookies, I use light raisins or pink, soak it first in cold water for half an hour, and then pour over boiling water and dry it. Only after all these procedures can dry fruits be used for cooking.
- All the ingredients of the classic oatmeal cookie recipe are carefully ground using a blender.
- Dissolve a pinch of salt in cold water. Pour salted water into the pulp from sugar, butter, cinnamon and raisins.
- Gradually add oatmeal and mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Add baking powder and whole wheat flour to the dough for our cookies. It is coarse flour that will give oatmeal an interesting texture.
- Tip. Instead of baking powder, you can use ordinary soda, but be sure to "extinguish" it with vinegar.
- As you noticed, there are no eggs in our recipe. Such is the classic recipe for making oatmeal cookies, which resembles the taste of childhood.
- The finished dough should be soft, not pester, but not be clogged with flour.
- We put a lump of dough for oatmeal cookies in a plastic bag and send it to the cold.
- We divide the frozen and settled dough into approximately three parts, and each part is individually rolled into a cake (half a centimeter thick), sprinkled with flour so that the dough does not stick to the surface of the table or board.
- Using a cookie cutter or a cup, we cut out small round cookies.
- We transfer our oatmeal cookies according to the classic recipe to a baking sheet covered with parchment, and put it in the oven for ten minutes. The temperature in the oven is 200 degrees Celsius.
- In oatmeal cookies, you can add small pieces of chocolate, candied fruit or cocoa powder. You can also add nuts or coconut to the dough, and pour chocolate icing on top. Although this will not be a classic recipe for oatmeal cookies - but it will also turn out very tasty.
- In some recipes, in order to preserve the loose and rough texture of cookies, oatmeal is partially left unmilled or whole, then brewed with hot milk or water. And it turns out an interesting structure for baking.
Ready-made crispy oatmeal cookies with a delicate aroma of cinnamon recalls the true taste of childhood. About 50 cookies come out of one serving of dough. They can be stored in tin containers with a tight-fitting lid in a cool place. You can serve such oatmeal cookies according to the classic recipe for tea, coffee or with milk. Visit our website “I love to cook - and you will learn many recipes that are familiar to everyone since childhood.