Delicate cream cake will be a real decoration for the festive table for Easter. The dough for Easter cake on cream turns out to be unusually delicate, airy and has a fabulous aroma. It’s very easy to prepare Easter cake, and the result will exceed all your expectations: unusually tasty pastries, with an openwork pattern on a cut, will conquer everyone.
- 5 pieces of eggs;
- 550 grams of flour;
- 250 grams of sugar;
- 200 grams of butter;
- nuts, candied fruits, dried fruits - 150 grams.
- 170 grams of flour;
- fresh pressed yeast - 30 grams or dry - 11 grams;
- cream with a fat content of 20% - 240 milliliters;
- sugar 2 teaspoons.
- icing sugar 100 grams;
- a couple of drops of lemon juice;
- 1 egg white.
Gentle creamy cake. Step by step recipe
- First we need to make a dough. We take the cream and heat them to a warm state (namely, warm, not hot). In a bowl with warmed cream, add two teaspoons of sugar and yeast (fresh yeast should not be slippery and sticky: they should break well, have a pleasant smell).
- Thoroughly mix warm cream, yeast and sugar. Pour the resulting homogeneous mass to the sifted flour. Mix all the ingredients until smooth, cover with a towel and leave in a warm place without drafts (if it’s warm in your kitchen, you can leave it directly on the table). In about twenty or thirty minutes, the sponge should double in size (it all depends on the quality of the yeast and temperature).
- We drive four eggs and one egg yolk (without protein) into a separate bowl, a pinch of salt, sugar and beat with a mixer or blender until splendid. We leave one protein for decoration.
- Add the dough to the beaten eggs and add the flour in parts (according to the flour recipe, 550 grams are used, but you need to adjust: depending on the consistency of the dough). You do not need to add all the flour immediately, so as not to clog the dough. We mix all the ingredients with a blender or mixer, until smooth.
- But I advise you to knead the dough with your hands: Easter cakes love the warmth of human hands.
- When almost all the flour has been poured, add the softened butter (melt either at room temperature or in the microwave. I usually take the butter out of the refrigerator before starting cooking and, until it comes to turn, it is already ready for use). You need to knead the dough well: it should be soft, elastic and not stick to your hands.
- Fold the dough in a separate bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place, without drafts: for about one and a half or two hours. During this time, the dough should increase in volume by almost two times.
- After our dough is suitable, mix it well and, if desired, add nuts, candied fruits, dried fruits or citrus zest.
- We begin to put the dough into shape. You can take any molds, pre-lubricated with oil (vegetable or olive). We form a ball from the dough, pinch it and put it into the mold, filling it by one third.
- We cover the dough in the forms with a towel and give it time to grow. When the dough fills the molds by about three quarters, you can send the bake to the oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- Small molds are baked for thirty, forty minutes, large ones for about an hour.
- While the cakes are baking, we will prepare a protein glaze. In a separate bowl, add one egg white to the icing sugar, a couple drops of lemon juice and beat with a mixer until splendid. Since protein glaze hardens very quickly, it is better to shift it into sealed dishes or cover with a damp towel.
- The readiness of the cakes is checked with a wooden stick or a toothpick: if the stick is dry when removed, then the cakes are ready.
- Protein glaze can be applied to hot cakes or wait until they cool.
Cream cake made according to our recipe is really aromatic and airy. You can decorate cakes to your liking, using not only icing, but also candied fruits, sugar beads and figures. You can sprinkle ruddy Easter cake with powdered sugar. On the site "I love to cook" you can find many more delicious recipes for Easter cakes.