Dear hostesses, I want to share with you an unusual recipe: a gentle honey cake. This is a completely new approach to making traditional Easter pastries. Everyone who is looking for a novelty is urgently here! The highlight of this honey Easter cake is the presence of natural honey in its ingredients. During baking in the kitchen there is such a unique aroma that a sense of celebration instantly comes into the house. This Easter cake according to a new recipe, and indeed, deserves special attention. Let's cook it together!
- premium wheat flour - 600 grams;
- dry yeast - 10 grams;
- natural honey - 100 grams;
- chicken eggs - 4 pieces;
- granulated sugar - one tablespoon;
- lemon zest (from one lemon);
- water - 180 milliliters;
- butter (margarine) - 110 grams;
- cognac - 50 milliliters;
- raisins (light grade) - 70 grams;
- candied fruits - 100 grams;
- egg yolk for greasing the tops.
Gentle honey cake. Step by step recipe
- Raisins (for this simple easter cake with honey it is best to use raisins of light varieties), we rinse, dry and pour cognac along with candied fruit. Thanks to this technique, raisins and candied fruits will become soft and will be very tasty in the finished product.
- Cooking dough. A distinctive feature of this Easter cake is that we prepare the dough on the water.
- So, we dissolve dry yeast in warm (not hot!) Water, add one tablespoon of sugar and two tablespoons of wheat flour. Stir and leave in a warm place for 10 - 15 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a separate deep bowl, beat the eggs with a mixer in the foam, add natural honey and beat for a few minutes.
- Most of all I like to use acacia honey: since it has a liquid consistency. But you can use any honey: to your taste.
- Then add the dough to the egg-honey mixture. Mix.
- Sift wheat flour through a sieve and pour into a bowl. Mix well.
- Tip: never neglect the process of sifting flour. Sifted flour is enriched with oxygen and such honey dough for Easter cake is especially lush and tender.
- Add melted butter and zest of one lemon.
- We spread the dough on a work surface and knead it well with your hands. If necessary, add a little flour.
- Drain the liquid from candied fruits and raisins, sprinkle them with flour a little and mix in our dough.
- It should be a flexible wet dough.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and leave in a warm place for 1.5 - 2 hours. The dough should rise well.
- Then grease the hands with vegetable oil, divide by the number of baking dishes and put them on the bottom of the molds (filling them in ⅓). From this amount of dough I got three small honey cakes.
- Tip: the cake pan should be filled with dough no more than ½ of its volume, or even less, since cakes with honey taste will rise greatly. It is also necessary to lubricate it with butter so that cakes are well removed from the molds after baking.
- Again we give the Easter cakes to rise to the height of the form and grease the tops with egg yolk.
- We heat the oven to a temperature of 180 - 200 degrees and bake our cakes with honey and candied fruit for 40-50 minutes. Baking times may vary slightly due to the technical features of your oven.
- We take out the finished cakes from the oven, and give them time to cool.
- It turns out wonderful ruddy honey cakes on the water!
- If desired, the tops can be decorated with protein glaze.
That's all: the tender honey cake is ready! Despite the simplicity of preparation, the cake is fragrant and tender. This Easter cake with a new recipe is ideal for people who for some reason do not consume milk, but want to arrange a real holiday for themselves. The “I love to cook” team wishes you a pleasant appetite and honey mood!