Do you like unusual and original dishes? I propose to cook the most airy Vietnamese donut-balls: one of the most popular dishes of street Vietnamese cuisine. The recipe is simple and simple, and the result is simply gorgeous. Donuts turn out magnificent, airy and unusually tasty.
- 300 grams of flour;
- 180 milliliters of warm water (approximately 38 degrees);
- 55 grams of sugar;
- 5 grams of dry yeast;
- 7 grams of baking powder for dough (1 teaspoon with a good slide);
- a pinch of salt;
- 20 grams of odorless vegetable oil;
- 30-35 grams of sesame;
- deep-frying oil.
The most airy Vietnamese donut-balls. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the yeast. Add two teaspoons of sugar, yeast to the water, and mix everything well. Yeast with water should be left for five to ten minutes.
- Next, take the flour and sift it with a sieve. In the sifted flour, add salt, baking powder for dough, sugar, and mix everything thoroughly.
- When everything is well mixed, make a small depression in the flour, carefully pour in the yeast and start kneading the dough. Add a little vegetable oil to the dough, and leave the rest of the oil to grease the dough and bowl.
- It is necessary to collect the dough in one lump and continue to knead it on the table: for seven or eight minutes, so that it does not stick either on the hands or on the table. It is better not to add flour. The dough should become smooth and elastic.
- Next, you need to roll the dough into a bowl, a bowl and grease the dough with the remaining vegetable oil, put the dough in a bowl and cover with cling film. The dough should fit for about forty-five to fifty minutes.
- Tip. To make the dough faster, you can put it in the microwave, put a glass of hot water next to it, close it in the microwave, not including it.
- When the dough increases in volume, you need to get it out of the bowl and knead a little. The dough needs to be rolled into a sausage and divided into twelve parts. When the dough is divided into pieces, you need to roll them into a ball, collecting the dough inside.
- Rolled balls of dough should be dipped well in sesame from all sides, put on the table and slightly press down with your fingers. So prepare all the pieces of dough.
- After all pieces of dough are rolled in sesame, they need to be covered with a clean towel and left for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan. While the oil is warming, we take a ball of dough and roll out a rolling pin into a cake, three millimeters thick. Cover rolled cakes with a clean towel. Gradually, one at a time, you need to fry the donuts. You also need to prepare a paper towel on which you will lay out donuts after frying.
- To check whether the oil has warmed up, you need to put wooden sticks in it: if there are bubbles, then the oil has already warmed up well.
- We pass to frying. We take one donut, dip it in oil, it should be completely covered with oil. As soon as the donut has surfaced, it must immediately be turned over (it must be constantly turned over): it will begin to inflate and become empty inside. If you do not constantly turn it over, then it will not be inflated. It is necessary to fry until golden brown.
- Remove the rosy donut from the butter and put on a paper towel. In this way, fry the remaining cakes.
- Tip. Flying sesame seeds can be removed from the pan with a small sieve.
The most airy Vietnamese donut-balls are ready. Their appearance is simply beautiful: they are shaped like balloons, and when they cool, they do not deflate. I am very glad that I have such a recipe, and I can easily cook such a yummy at home. On the site "Very Delicious" you can find a lot of interesting and original recipes.