Want to know how to make the best choux pastry? Then I will share with you a recipe that a professional pastry chef told me. Airy and crispy, it is ideal for French desserts: such as Choux, profiteroles and eclairs - as well as cheese rolls and other pastries. Now all your choux pastry dishes will be very tasty and incredibly airy. In addition, the surface of cakes and rolls will delight the eye with a perfectly smooth and shiny golden crust: this dough is not only the best to taste, but also the most beautiful.
- milk - 100 milliliters;
- water - 250 milliliters;
- butter - 112 grams;
- sugar - 14 grams;
- salt - 5 grams;
- flour - 190 grams;
- chicken eggs - 4-5 pieces.
- hard cheese - 100 grams (use cheddar, gruyere or comte).
The best choux pastry. Step by step recipe
- Before preparing the choux pastry, take a deep pan, pour some water into it. Then pour the milk, add a piece of butter and sugar. Salt the consistency and put on medium heat.
- We mix all the ingredients of the custard dough, bring to a boil: but do not boil. When we see at least one bubble on the surface, set the temperature to a minimum.
- Pour flour, mix until uniform. Knead for several minutes, until the consistency is slightly dry.
- Remove the pan from the heat, introduce the eggs. Mix the custard mass with a spoon, hands or a mixer: as you prefer. You need to add them one at a time, constantly stirring so that the protein does not have time to curl from the high temperature of the custard dough for eclairs. As a result, we should get a gentle and elastic mass.
- Already in this form, you can place it on a baking sheet in the form of eclairs or mouth-watering little shu.
- We divide the finished dough into two parts. From one we make guzher, so we add grated cheese to it and mix well with a spatula. We spread it on a baking sheet using a cooking bag or an ordinary spoon, in the form of small lumps, keeping a fairly large distance between them, given that they will rise and increase when baking. From above you can sprinkle guzhira with dry fragrant herbs. I use my favorite blend of provence herbs.
- We send the baking sheet to the oven, preheated to 180 ° C, bake for 25-30 minutes (depending on the size of the products, the time may vary). When the guzhiras fully rise (in about 15-20 minutes), you can open the oven door a little and very quickly in order to let out excess steam. After that, lower the temperature to 170 ° C, and leave the guzhi to finally brown.
- You can serve them immediately from the oven, captivating everyone with an incredible cheese flavor, and already cooled down, having cooked them a little in advance. In any form, it is very tasty!
Secrets of making custard dough.
- Choux pastry should be added in one go. Thus, it will be possible to avoid unwanted lumps, and the dough will immediately become dense and thick.
- Particular attention should be paid to the boiling process. It is necessary to constantly stir the consistency so that the liquid does not completely evaporate, otherwise the dough will become too thick and will not be airy.
- Bulgakov’s secret concerns eggs. They should be introduced gradually into the dough of the desired temperature at which they do not curl.
- Sprinkle ready-made eclairs on a baking sheet with vegetable oil. So they will not burn.
- Before starting to cook the dough, you should heat the oven to a temperature of 180 degrees: no more, no less. This is the optimal environment for the preparation of custard products.
- One of the basic rules when executing a simple choux pastry recipe: do not open the oven until the end of baking, so that the products rise well.
Following the recommendations, you can create culinary masterpieces from custard dough. Even more interesting and useful tips, as well as the best dishes await you on the site "Very tasty."