I propose to cook natural, the best homemade pomegranate marmalade. It will win you over with a rich, moderately sweet taste with unforgettable sweet and sour notes. This is one of the most versatile and affordable recipes for a large number of housewives. The great thing about it is that you can cook it not only from pomegranate. You can take absolutely any basis for homemade marmalade. And when the pomegranate season - marmalade sweets will be not only a light treat, but also useful vitamins in the form of sweets. One has only to cook and try once, as you cease to remember store marmalades. Read, write and cook.
- pomegranate - 3 pieces (or 600 milliliters of juice);
- agar-agar - 3 teaspoons (or 30 grams of edible gelatin);
- granulated sugar - 0.5 cups.
The best homemade pomegranate marmalade. Step by step recipe
- First we need to clean the pomegranate, get the grains out of it and squeeze the juice out of them. Approximately 600 milliliters of juice is needed. You can go for it as three grenades, and more: everything will depend on their size.
- Alternatively, you can use not only freshly squeezed juice. You can cook saturated compote from frozen berries, you can squeeze juice from other fruits or from a mix of fruits and berries. If you have a compote, you will need to strain it through a sieve. Since for homemade marmalade it is better to take a uniform consistency of fruit mass.
- In order to thicken the juice, you need to take three teaspoons of agar-agar. Pour half a glass of juice at room temperature into it, and leave everything for thirty minutes. The remaining juice is poured into a stewpan and put on the stove.
- Add half a glass of sugar. Stir with a spatula and bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour the agar-agar in a bowl into the boiling juice and cook over low heat without stopping stirring for 3-5 minutes.
- You can use instant gelatin, as indicated in the ingredients. Then you need to take thirty grams of it, soak it with the same amount of juice, and leave it to swell for ten minutes. Gelatin should not be put in boiling juice (liquid), so it must be thrown into slightly hot, stirring well with a whisk.
- It is better to strain the resulting fruit mass through a fine sieve into a separate container, with which it will be convenient to pour into forms.
- Take a suitable silicone mold. For example, I have a shape in the form of hearts. Put them on a plate, baking sheet or even shape, on which you can easily transfer them to the refrigerator. You do not need to lubricate the molds. The main thing is that they are dry and clean. Fill them with mass. Put in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- After the specified time, remove from the refrigerator. At will or for beauty, each marmalade can be rolled in sugar. Put it on a dish and serve a treat on the table.
So, a very tasty, quick, and most importantly useful homemade marmalade made from pomegranate juice is ready. As you can see, it takes very little time to do everything, everything turns out without much effort. Experiment with tastes, use different fruits, prepare sweets that are safe and natural, for your children and relatives. On the site “Very Delicious” you can find other recipes for delicious homemade marmalade. Cook with inspiration - and you will succeed. Enjoy your meal!