I advise you to cook marshmallows according to the best recipe: dessert conquers with its airiness, sweetness and incredible smell. I stumbled upon a recipe by chance, but now, as soon as there is time and desire, I always prepare this delicacy. Why? Everything is simple: it is prepared quite quickly and easily, but it turns out simply magnificent and, most importantly, natural! Delicious homemade marshmallows will be a real discovery for you!
- soda - 1 pinch;
- citric acid - 1 pinch;
- granulated sugar - 175 grams;
- boiled water - 75 grams.
- sugar - 400 grams;
- instant gelatin - 25 grams;
- boiled water - 220 milliliters;
- syrup - 165 grams.
- icing sugar - 180 grams;
- starch - 1.5 tablespoons.
The best marshmallows recipe. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the syrup, because without it you won’t get anything. I had neither maple nor corn at home. Therefore, I decided to make invert syrup myself. It is prepared very quickly and simply.
- Sugar, citric acid and water are added to the pan with a thick bottom.
- We put all this on fire and bring to a boil.
- Everything boils and we cover the syrup and leave it to stand for 45 minutes over low heat.
- Tip. You can check the syrup for readiness in an easy way: if a small drop is stretched, turning into a thread - the syrup is ready, and it can be used even if the required amount of time has not passed.
- Add a little soda to our syrup and mix until it stops bubbling: at the same time, the syrup must be removed from the heat.
- Once the syrup has cooled, it should become viscous, like honey. If there are few bubbles inside, then this is not scary. By the way, if you will not use the syrup immediately, then pour it into a small jar and close it. Syrup, from the specified ingredients, should turn out just 165 grams.
- We start cooking marshmallows. In the container where we will beat, pour the gelatin and fill it with 110 milliliters of boiled water at room temperature.
- Pour granulated sugar into a saucepan. Tip: the container should be with a thick bottom.
- Pour the remaining 110 milliliters of water and invert syrup into the sugar. While the whole mixture is on fire, we stir it until the sugar melts completely.
- Boil the syrup until it reaches a temperature of 112 degrees, while you do not need to stir it. Remove from heat.
- Use a mixer to beat the gelatin at low speed. Pour the syrup into the gelatin in a small stream and gradually increase the mixer to maximum speed. Do not interrupt the whipping until we see that the mass has increased in volume and has become white.
- Beat up to 10 minutes to make persistent, thick stains.
- We prepare a tray with parchment paper at the bottom. The paper will need to be greased with sunflower oil. Pour the air mass into a mold and level it with a spatula.
- If you want colored marshmallows, then add a few drops of gel food coloring and use a toothpick to make random stains on the surface. Dessert should set for at least six hours.
- Once it's time to cut our delicious homemade marshmallows into pieces, you should do this. Mix the powder and one and a half tablespoons of corn starch. If corn starch is not available, then you can take potato.
- Mix the ingredients and grease the knife, which we will cut, with powder. This is done so that the sticky mass does not stick. Separate the mass from the walls with a knife.
- Pour powder and starch onto the countertop, evenly leveling.
- We take out the marshmallows, remove the parchment paper from the bottom and put our airy delicacy on top.
- The knife should be sprinkled with powder with starch and cut marshmallows into pieces. Sprinkle so that the mass does not stick to the knife.
- After you cut everything into cubes, sprinkle them with powdered sugar and starch so that the pastilles do not stick together.
As a result, we get just unearthly yummy! Now you know how to cook marshmallows and you can please your loved ones and friends. By the way, you can not only fry marshmallows on a fire, but also decorate cocoa, coffee or even desserts on top. Delicate and airy homemade marshmallows will give you and your loved ones great pleasure! Try it: and you will not regret the time spent on them! On our site “Very Delicious” there is a recipe for a beautiful marshmallow cake: cook with pleasure.