Let's arrange a sweet feast for the soul and prepare a charming, well-known Pavlova cake. This is a light, airy, very tender dessert with a crispy crust and a soft center resembling marshmallows. All this is filled with many delicious fresh berries and a delicate creamy vanilla cream. This dessert is sweet, but at the same time, light acidity and juiciness of berries and fruits do not allow it to be cloying. Let's be creative and wrap it in a roll. I want to say from myself that the recipe for Pavlova cake roll is very easy to prepare and not time consuming. And I will share the secrets of its preparation on the site “Very tasty”!
- brown sugar (you can plain white) - 125 grams;
- icing sugar - 125 grams;
- eggs - 4 pieces;
- almond petals - 30-50 grams;
- any fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blueberries and so on, you can use fruits) - 200 grams;
- chocolate for decoration - to taste.
- fat cream (33-35%) - 200 milliliters;
- icing sugar - 40 grams;
- vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon (you can replace vanillin, vanilla sugar).
The best Pavlova cake roll. Step by step recipe
- To prepare the Pavlova cake-roll, we need only squirrels. We separate them very carefully so as not to fall into the total mass of yolk, shell, protein. Therefore, I recommend that each protein is separated into a small separate bowl, and then transfused to the total protein mass.
- Beat the whites until a light white foam, then gradually add brown sugar, and then, little by little, icing sugar. You can replace everything with plain white sugar. But in this recipe, brown sugar gives caramel flavor to meringue (meringue), and powdered sugar makes it more ductile to make it easier to roll. Beat to persistent peaks.
- We spread the meringue on a baking sheet, covered with a simple parchment paper (pre-grease it with vegetable oil) and level it with a kitchen spatula (approximately 1-1.5 centimeters thick). For convenience, so that the paper lies flat and does not move, it can be glued to the pan using the same meringue. Just apply a few drops around the perimeter of the paper and attach to the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle almond petals on top and send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees. At this temperature, bake meringue for 6-7 minutes, then reduce to 160 degrees and bake another 10 minutes. During this time, the top of the meringue is slightly browned, slightly dried up, cracks will go from above.
- Remove the finished cake immediately from the baking sheet along with parchment paper, cover it with a second sheet and turn it over. Carefully, slowly, we separate the parchment on which it was baked. And leave the cake to cool a little.
- To prepare the cream, we combine cold fat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. And whisk everything until thick, beautiful peaks.
- We apply the cream to the cooled meringue and evenly distribute with a spatula over the entire surface.
- We wash the fresh berries, dry them and cut into small pieces, spread them all over the cream evenly, and roll everything up.
- We send the Pavlova cake roll to the refrigerator so that it cools a little and freezes.
- Before serving, we trim uneven edges.
- If desired, Pavlova cake roll can be poured with melted chocolate or sprinkled with chocolate chips and garnished with berries. Melt the chocolate in a water bath: to do this, heat a small pot of water, and on top of it we put a bowl with pieces of chocolate. We drown to the desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
Appetite awakens from one type of Pavlova roll. And when you try it, you understand - this is a real dessert of kings, which we will eat now! Crispy on the outside and meringue soft on the inside, a delicate creamy vanilla cream and a light sourness of fresh berries, all diluted with almonds and chocolate bitterness are just the perfect combination. Even an avid opponent of sweets cannot resist such a dessert! Join us on “Delicious”, use our step-by-step recipes and surprise, surprise with irresistible and delicious dishes! Bon appetit!