And I have one more wonder - the giant Milky Way! This is very cool and original! Such a dessert on the table is just a shock for everyone present! In addition, it is prepared very simply, from a small amount of ingredients - and does not require special knowledge and skills in cooking. To make it clear, I will describe in detail the step-by-step preparation of “Milky Way” on “Very tasty”. You will be surprised how easy it is to make it yourself at home.
- water - 100 milliliters;
- proteins of large eggs - 4 pieces;
- sugar - 500 grams;
- glucose (or invert syrup) - 380 grams;
- vanilla extract (to replace vanilla sugar, vanillin) - ⅔ teaspoon;
- milk chocolate - 500 grams;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
The magnificent giant Milky Way. Step by step recipe
- In a large saucepan we combine water, sugar and glucose (or invert syrup), stir and heat over medium heat. When the syrup boils, it is necessary to bring its temperature to 143 degrees. If the temperature is below 143 degrees, then the nougat when cooled will not be able to keep its shape and will spread. Therefore, in this recipe you can not do without a kitchen thermometer.
- Tip. You can see the recipe for the preparation of invert syrup on our site “Very tasty”.
- When the temperature of the syrup reaches 130-135 degrees, we begin to whisk the whiskers with a mixer until a dense airy foam. To whisk proteins well and quickly, they must be at room temperature.
- When the temperature of the syrup has reached 143 degrees, remove it from the heat and pour it into proteins in a small stream: we do not stop whipping with a mixer at the lowest speed. Beat thoroughly, capturing all the proteins as much as possible so that they do not have time to brew from the high temperature of the syrup.
- Add the vanilla extract or vanillin and continue to whisk: in the end, we get a thick, dense mass.
- Leave to cool to a comfortable warm temperature.
- The cream is poured into a form for hardening, covered with parchment paper. It is not necessary to level out anything - it will spread out as it should. And how to make a mold for hardening a cream at home, I will describe in detail below.
- We leave the cream for Milky Way to cool at room temperature for 3-4 hours, and then put in the freezer for 2-2.5 hours.
- Melt 150 grams of milk chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath. If we melt in the microwave, then we withstand chocolate for 5-6 seconds, remove, mix and send again for 5-6 seconds. And so we do it until the chocolate is completely melted. It is also advisable to lower the power so that the chocolate does not burn during heating.
- We take the form out of the freezer and fill it on top with slightly cooled melted chocolate and level it - this will be the bottom of the future Milky Way bar. We put the mold in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to freeze the chocolate.
- To prepare chocolate glaze at home, put the pieces of milk chocolate (350 grams) in a bowl, add refined vegetable oil and melt in a water bath or microwave. Vegetable oil, which is part of the glaze, makes it more elastic, so it is better and more evenly distributed on the surface of the cake.
- We take out the nougat from the mold, turn it with the chocolate side down and put it on small coasters (bowls, bowls and so on). Top with a little warm melted milk chocolate. And carefully level with a pastry spatula or a wide knife.
- When completely covered with chocolate, then leave the cake for 3-4 minutes, so that the chocolate slightly solidifies.
- We pass along the bottom edge of the cake with a spoon or knife, and remove the dripping drops of chocolate. The reverse (thick) side of the knife makes a pattern in the form of crosses, like a real Milky Way bar.
- Carefully, using the spatulas, transfer the cake to a plate and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, so that the chocolate hardens well.
- Tip: how to make a mold for the Milky Way bar. If we will not bake anything in the form, but only use it for the solidification of the mass, as in this recipe, then the form is easily made from pieces of thick cardboard. To do this, cut into 2 pieces of size 10x8 and 30x8 centimeters. We glue them together with the usual wide adhesive tape on the outside. The result is a shape of 30x10 and a height of 8 centimeters. We cover it with parchment paper: for this, it is also necessary to make incisions in it, so that it fits well into the shape, without excess folds. Everything is ready for use!
The nougat turned out to be airy, porous, but at the same time quite elastic, covered with glossy, very delicious milk chocolate - like a real Milky Way bar! Homemade giant Milky Way is very tasty combined with milk, tea and cocoa. Such a dessert will cheer you up not only with taste, but also with a magnificent view. Join us on “Very Delicious” - we still have something to surprise you with! Enjoy your meal!